Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shack in NY or Mansion in Florida
Shack in NY 21 31.82%
Mansion in Florida 45 68.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No, I just have the little fact that I spent approx. half of my life there.

Guess that doesn't count though since I wasn't seeing the place from the NY perpective, right?

I believe that as much as when you said you used to live right outside "Manhatten" lmao.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I believe that as much as when you said you used to live right outside "Manhatten" lmao.
You funny lady.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I voted for NY

The reason why is because the OP was not clear about what town the two houses would be located

EX) If the shack was 10 minutes north of nyc and the mansion was in Jacksonville...... then I would take the shack in NY

EX) If the shack was in the middle of nowhere and the mansion was in miami beach....... then i would take the mansion in miami

A lot of people feel this way.

The OP is trying to slant the poll because he knows this is the only way NY will loose to FL
As usual you are wrong.

I posted the poll exactly how someone told me a previous poll was posted.

They told me that NY won the poll by an overwhelming margin which I found hard to believe. Since that person refused to post a link to the poll and I searched and could not find it I decided to post my own.

The question was simple. Obviously for some it was not simple enough though.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
You can't deny that Florida gets a mostly undeserved bad rep.

And I also think you and I both know you voted New York shack. Because of that, we both know you are full of ****.

Now, shack in NY or Mansion in Afghanistan? Shack in NY.
I think only about 4 people who voted shack actually live in NY. And who cares what I voted for? I'd rather live in a shack and be able to play ice hockey all over NY and the northeast

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
As usual you are wrong.

I posted the poll exactly how someone told me a previous poll was posted.

They told me that NY won the poll by an overwhelming margin which I found hard to believe. Since that person refused to post a link to the poll and I searched and could not find it I decided to post my own.

Some people need details and facts with a question. The poll question is very broad since they're both very big states. It's not like you said a shack in Rhode Island.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:05 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Exactly, Mike.

It really shouldn't surprise you though. This same scenario is repeated in thread after thread after thread throughout the forum.

It's actually become quite amusing to watch, but SO predictable.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Some people need details and facts with a question. The poll question is very broad since they're both very big states. It's not like you said a shack in Rhode Island.
Some questions are simple and the poll was meant to be broad.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Exactly, Mike.

It really shouldn't surprise you though. This same scenario is repeated in thread after thread after thread throughout the forum.

It's actually become quite amusing to watch, but SO predictable.
What was funny was Racheal asked me the question in reverse.
Shack in Florida or mansion in NY.

I guess for some reason she expected me to say shack in Florida but when I picked mansion in NY she had nothing else to say about that.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 PM

But you people don't realize that some people don't mind barely getting by with money. I would rather be poor in a place I love, than rich in a place I despise. You can't buy happiness.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,144 times
Quote:
But you people don't realize that some people don't mind barely getting by with money. I would rather be poor in a place I love, than rich in a place I despise. You can't buy happiness.
I'm pretty sure you talk more about affluent living than anyone else on this forum. (Whether you are wealthy or not, you do the talking)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City