Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 AM

811 posts, read 2,166,838 times

Advertisements

well I am just counting major cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,419,280 times
People from Boston are just miserable, so that translates to their sports. I don't know what's up with Philly fans...I think they just don't know anything about sports. I actually like NY fans.

You should throw LA fans into the mix. Just horrible vermin. They don't know anything about sports, are fickle, and love shanking each other in the stands. Fight On takes on a weird new meaning at USC games.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,749,854 times
i'd be nasty too if my team wasn't capable of winning championships no matter how much money we threw at them, who we traded, who we scouted, etc.

on that note, i feel sad for spike lee. lol at his life long season tickets being worth less than the toilet paper i copped last week. should have invested that money to watch the yankees.

jay: na...i'm not trying to recruit lebron. we're cool and i don't want to ruin that.
jeter: no, i'd rather it be his choice, you know? he's a good guy.
spike: hell YESSSS I WANT HIM HERE!!! *grovels* *prays to large lebron shrine he created in his basement*

Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,962,565 times
They're cocky thats why.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,485,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
People from Boston are just miserable, so that translates to their sports. I don't know what's up with Philly fans...I think they just don't know anything about sports. I actually like NY fans.

You should throw LA fans into the mix. Just horrible vermin. They don't know anything about sports, are fickle, and love shanking each other in the stands. Fight On takes on a weird new meaning at USC games.
I forgot I was so miserable! Thanks for reminding me...er...wait.

Anyway, I'd say those three sports towns seem to have the most venemous fans for a variety of reasons. They're old cities, with families who have often been living in the area for several generations. Rooting for teams becomes less of a hobby and more of a tradition and apart of your family. Before you can speak your first words you're wearing a Red Sox/Yankees/Phillies hat or shirt. It's just the way it is.

These cities have especially had nasty attitudes towards one another in terms of sports due to the fact that they were the original three major cities in the country...not to mention the fact that they're all relatively close to one another.

The Northeast is also known for having a fast-paced lifestyle, with a population that can border on rude. It's not necessarily that we're not nice people...it's just that we often keep to themselves. Get a few beers in us and Philadelphians, New Yorkers, and Bostonians can get very loud and brash...regardless of whether you're at a sporting event or a house party. The mentality of the Northeast is much different than the rest of the country.

I will admit though, I have calmed down a bit since graduating college two years ago. I was on my way to an early grave if I kept up that intensity. At football games on Saturdays (in Clemson, SC) I would scream to the point where I couldn't talk until Tuesday/Wednesday. During the AL Championship in 2004 I screamed/swore thousands of times while the umpires discussed what the ruling would be after Arod slapped the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hand (my Southern roommates/friends were shocked to say the least haha), and when Plaxico caught that TD in the 2008 Superbowl I turned around and punched six holes in my good friends' wall.

Now I try to take things a little slower haha.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,638,032 times
It's really just because the people in those cities/regions are some of the most rude, nasty people (overall), so that translates to their sports. I've lived in a lot of areas and am just utterly amazed at the rudeness of the people whenever I visit these Northeast areas, so it's no surprise their sports fans are amongst the worst as well.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM

43 posts, read 82,091 times
because they are freezing cold for most of the winter..then when summer hits its a sauna , lose/lose

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,734,081 times
You think we're bad, you should see european soccer fans.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,419,603 times
What a dumb thread. This is just an excuse to blast each city.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:59 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,734,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaNightmare View Post
because they are freezing cold for most of the winter..then when summer hits its a sauna , lose/lose
Some people happen to like four distinct season, it gives life a certain rhythm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City