Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is safer
NYC 81 80.20%
LA 20 19.80%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:36 PM

11 posts, read 17,945 times

Advertisements

Alot of u internet bloggers are to fooled by murder rates to much , yall need to nderstand nyc is a huge city , 8 million ppl so its pretty obvious u have less chance of being a victim , but when we talk about crime and ppl who do them and ppl who are victims of them , i will have to say l.a is safer , only because its always been said that l.a is safe if u dont make yurself look like a gangmember , in nyc gangs isnt even the reason ppl get murdered, in l.a more then 50 percent of their homicides are gang related , how is that dangerous????(unless u a gang member off coarse)

Old 06-27-2009, 06:46 PM

ALSO TO PROOVE MURDER RATES ARE MISLEADING AND OVERATED , HERE ARE TWO LINKS OF NY AND L.A CRIME , IM JUST GOIN TO SHOW U BLOGGERS BROOKLYN PORTION OF NYC , COMPARED TO L.A

Brooklyn Crime Map - Showing Crime in Brooklyn, US - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Los Angeles Crime Map - Showing Crime in Los Angeles, US - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THESE 2 CRIME MAPS , JUST THE PORTION OF BROKLYN SEEMS WAY MORE DANGEROUS THEN L.A , YOU BLOGGERS NEED TO LEAVE THE MURDER RATES ALONE AND ACTUALLY START VISITING CITIES FOR YOURSELF

Old 06-27-2009, 06:47 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhustla View Post
Alot of u internet bloggers are to fooled by murder rates to much , yall need to nderstand nyc is a huge city , 8 million ppl so its pretty obvious u have less chance of being a victim , but when we talk about crime and ppl who do them and ppl who are victims of them , i will have to say l.a is safer , only because its always been said that l.a is safe if u dont make yurself look like a gangmember , in nyc gangs isnt even the reason ppl get murdered, in l.a more then 50 percent of their homicides are gang related , how is that dangerous????(unless u a gang member off coarse)
Where do you get that info? Here are the homocides for 2009 so far. I don't see anything that backs your assertion.
Los Angeles Times Homicide Map

Old 06-27-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhustla View Post
ALSO TO PROOVE MURDER RATES ARE MISLEADING AND OVERATED , HERE ARE TWO LINKS OF NY AND L.A CRIME , IM JUST GOIN TO SHOW U BLOGGERS BROOKLYN PORTION OF NYC , COMPARED TO L.A

Brooklyn Crime Map - Showing Crime in Brooklyn, US - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Los Angeles Crime Map - Showing Crime in Los Angeles, US - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THESE 2 CRIME MAPS , JUST THE PORTION OF BROKLYN SEEMS WAY MORE DANGEROUS THEN L.A , YOU BLOGGERS NEED TO LEAVE THE MURDER RATES ALONE AND ACTUALLY START VISITING CITIES FOR YOURSELF
How about you fix your links. As someone that has lived in both cities I disagree with you completely.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:50 PM

Your links work in my quote and not in your post.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM

Lol. your link shows 2 shooting in LA and they have 346 recoreded homocides.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
where do you get that info? Here are the homocides for 2009 so far. I don't see anything that backs your assertion.
los angeles times homicide map

i would of showed u a link for new yorks murders so far this year, but the person who posted it , posted some b/s so i wont show it , and by the way how much homicides are in l.a so far???

Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
lol. Your link shows 2 shooting in la and they have 346 recoreded homocides.

ok , whats yoour point , the link i showed you wanst invented for new york , and nyc isnt the only city with all them shootings , theirs plenty of them , and l.a has less crime then ny , with just a bigger crime rate, so idk y its shocking theirs 2 shootings in l.a , and this map doesnt show u the whole year, it shows you a 2 month raduis.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
I'd think NYC would be. LA might have been safer in the 80s, but NYC has improved a lot and LA's gang problem took of in the 90s and hasen't improved a lot.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
where do you get that info? Here are the homocides for 2009 so far. I don't see anything that backs your assertion.
los angeles times homicide map

ok your link just shows me that l.a has way less murders then ny so far , but liks i said l.a is a city with way less crime with just a higher rate , and this doesnt really proove me wrong , in l.a all u have to be is a gangmember then your in some serious danger , even my friends from l.a tell me the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City