Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 03:31 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,002,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
It looks like a nice, smaller city. But just isolated(sorta like the issue with Boise, in Idaho) from most other places in the northeast, save for Plattsburgh and certain other places being slightly further away(i.e. Saratoga Springs). Though it has a very awesome as heck location, if you want to cut across the border and go to Montreal or Quebec City. And now that the US/Canada border reopened in August (at least for those who are vaccinated), I can say cheers to that.

Back to old and smaller western towns: Virginia City, NV
Kitschy but worth visiting once or twice. The tour guide we had at this old silver mine there was actually born and raised in Virginia City, I should've asked him after the tour what that was like.

San Jose, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 10:26 AM

899 posts, read 518,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Kitschy but worth visiting once or twice. The tour guide we had at this old silver mine there was actually born and raised in Virginia City, I should've asked him after the tour what that was like.

San Jose, CA
One of California’s more suburban major cities. It’s a major tech hub, being part of Silicon Valley. SJ is also pretty safe, especially compared to some other large cities.

North Charleston, South Carolina

Old 10-10-2021, 06:02 PM

3,889 posts, read 2,204,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
One of California’s more suburban major cities. It’s a major tech hub, being part of Silicon Valley. SJ is also pretty safe, especially compared to some other large cities.

North Charleston, South Carolina
A not so safe suburb of Charleston. Gallup NM.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
A not so safe suburb of Charleston. Gallup NM.
Always reminds me of the polling firm by that name. Seems like they should be based there or something. Sorry, that's it, that's the only opinion I have of the place.

Morgantown, West Virginia

Old 10-10-2021, 06:38 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Always reminds me of the polling firm by that name. Seems like they should be based there or something. Sorry, that's it, that's the only opinion I have of the place.

Morgantown, West Virginia
One of the more happening and interesting cities, in West Virginia. I enjoyed my visit to Morgantown, years ago. Also one of the few colleges(WVU) to have a train system, to transport students, faculty, etc (I think campus visitors can use it, too?) between different parts of campus.

Going near the famous New River Gorge bridge: Fayetteville, WV

Old 10-13-2021, 08:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
One of the more happening and interesting cities, in West Virginia. I enjoyed my visit to Morgantown, years ago. Also one of the few colleges(WVU) to have a train system, to transport students, faculty, etc (I think campus visitors can use it, too?) between different parts of campus.

Going near the famous New River Gorge bridge: Fayetteville, WV
Stayed there a few years ago, in a cabin by the gorge. Beautiful area, but made frequent trips to Beckley.

Somewhere I just went for the first time:

Miami Beach, FL

Old 10-13-2021, 09:04 PM

1,122 posts, read 925,690 times
I was in Gallup, NM the other day
after spending 10 days in Breckenridge and Silverton, CO.
A lot of Nation's tribal folk....... and BNSF is king in Gallup.
That's their primary employer.
The McDonald's is nothing compared to Winslow's.......
But Farmington's McD's has them all beat.

Miami Beach, FL

Old 10-13-2021, 10:36 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
I was in Gallup, NM the other day
after spending 10 days in Breckenridge and Silverton, CO.
A lot of Nation's tribal folk....... and BNSF is king in Gallup.
That's their primary employer.
The McDonald's is nothing compared to Winslow's.......
But Farmington's McD's has them all beat.

Miami Beach, FL
I haven't been there before, but I'd LOVE to visit there once in person to see what it's really like for myself. I do like the art deco architecture, and the bars and restaurants by there would probably be interesting.

One of the places in south Florida with more Cubans, than most Miami area suburbs: Hialeah, FL

Old 10-14-2021, 12:30 AM

3,889 posts, read 2,204,375 times
Quote:
I haven't been there before, but I'd LOVE to visit there once in person to see what it's really like for myself. I do like the art deco architecture, and the bars and restaurants by there would probably be interesting.

One of the places in south Florida with more Cubans, than most Miami area suburbs: Hialeah, FL
Seems pretty densely populated. Sioux Falls SD.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:06 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,002,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Seems pretty densely populated. Sioux Falls SD.
Typical place that has a high QOL on paper but doesn't offer much that I'd want. Crime is low, COL is low, schools IIRC are good, it's statistically the healthiest city in the nation... but there's almost nothing around it, the downtown is pretty weak for the city's size, and there's probably way less of a countercultural presence than average. Only real perk for me would be the access to the Northwoods of Minnesota.

Santa Ana, CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City