Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 06:36 PM

3,456 posts, read 3,382,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
It is a nice beachtown by tourists from DC, Philly, and Baltimore. It contains one of Biden's 3 DE houses as well.
Mattawa, WA
I street viewed this town, since I had never looked up anything about this town before. Nor had I thought much about it ever, until now. That said after street viewing it, Mattawa looks more kept up(even if it doesn't have much, at least it has numerous local Hispanic businesses), than I was suspecting this town would be like. Seems like a la some parts of the tri-cities(Pasco, Richland, and Kennewick), it does have a good bit of Hispanic residents there. Maybe some of them moved from the tri-cities, at some point? At least the crime rate isn't high, and ditto with its poverty rate not being too high(both statistics I found off the city data profile page for Mattawa), but looking on niche.com , it's public schools could be better. The local high school is only at a C- rating on niche, and the public schools(pre-high school) only have a D+ rating.

BTW at PoliticsLover2003, I didn't know Biden had a Rehoboth home. That's interesting to learn, though in a way that doesn't surprise me.

Gibson City, IL(bonus points if you know the 2 businesses, that sometimes will drive those out of town(especially from the B-N area), to visit this town)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 01:50 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,207,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I street viewed this town, since I had never looked up anything about this town before. Nor had I thought much about it ever, until now. That said after street viewing it, Mattawa looks more kept up(even if it doesn't have much, at least it has numerous local Hispanic businesses), than I was suspecting this town would be like. Seems like a la some parts of the tri-cities(Pasco, Richland, and Kennewick), it does have a good bit of Hispanic residents there. Maybe some of them moved from the tri-cities, at some point? At least the crime rate isn't high, and ditto with its poverty rate not being too high(both statistics I found off the city data profile page for Mattawa), but looking on niche.com , it's public schools could be better. The local high school is only at a C- rating on niche, and the public schools(pre-high school) only have a D+ rating.

BTW at PoliticsLover2003, I didn't know Biden had a Rehoboth home. That's interesting to learn, though in a way that doesn't surprise me.

Gibson City, IL(bonus points if you know the 2 businesses, that sometimes will drive those out of town(especially from the B-N area), to visit this town)
A town whose economy is agriculture based. Too small for my liking. Peshtigo WI.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:09 PM

426 posts, read 305,295 times
A simple small town that is associated with the Peshtigo fire of 1871 occurring at the same time as the Chicago fire

Old 01-08-2022, 04:11 PM

426 posts, read 305,295 times
Brooklyn, IL north of East St Louis

Old 01-08-2022, 04:18 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Brooklyn, IL north of East St Louis
Strip Clubs and corruption.

Eads Tennessee.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:19 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,207,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Strip Clubs and corruption.

Eads Tennessee.
Has an interesting history. Pahrump, NV.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:07 PM

899 posts, read 520,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Has an interesting history. Pahrump, NV.
Community west of Las Vegas with a lot of retirees. Definitely weird, but it doesn’t seem to be dangerous.

Kelso, WA

Old 01-13-2022, 06:17 PM

51 posts, read 42,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Community west of Las Vegas with a lot of retirees. Definitely weird, but it doesn’t seem to be dangerous.

Kelso, WA

Safe to assume it's a much smaller Portland due to it's proximity.

Jackson, TN

Old 01-13-2022, 06:36 PM

3,456 posts, read 3,382,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bootheel Bros. View Post
Safe to assume it's a much smaller Portland due to it's proximity.

Jackson, TN
I remember once reading online that Jackson, TN is home to the Casey Jones Museum(famous railroad engineer). I remember googling one time too, and noticing some vintage car museum also is in Jackson. I don't know much else about Jackson, beyond those 2 things.

Bristol, TN

Old 01-13-2022, 07:14 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I remember once reading online that Jackson, TN is home to the Casey Jones Museum(famous railroad engineer). I remember googling one time too, and noticing some vintage car museum also is in Jackson. I don't know much else about Jackson, beyond those 2 things.

Bristol, TN
Part of the Tri-Cities in northeastern Tennessee. I really love the natural scenery in that area. As for the city itself, I think it's neat that there's effectively one city called Bristol, but it's split off into two states, much like Texarkana AR/TX. I don't know which of the three cities on the TN side would be considered the dominant city. Like, when the plane lands at their airport, and the flight attendant says "Welcome to ____," which city does she name?

And since I brought it up: Texarkana, AR/TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City