Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 08:42 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Never heard of it, but found it on the map. It's a tiny town in western Michigan surrounded by national forest. It's probably a lot like the UP, which I have visited extensively. Those are probably really good folks who live there.

Boise City, OK
Went through there a few months ago, between Lamar, CO and Amarillo, TX, and also the snowiest place in Oklahoma.

Pueblo, CO

Old 05-13-2020, 09:28 AM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Went through there a few months ago, between Lamar, CO and Amarillo, TX, and also the snowiest place in Oklahoma.

Pueblo, CO
There's a major Department of Energy research facility there, IIRC. Has neither the cachet of Denver nor the family-friendly rep of Colorado Springs, but I imagine still a pleasant enough place to live.

Nicodemus, Kan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 10:11 AM

93,489 posts, read 124,229,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
There's a major Department of Energy research facility there, IIRC. Has neither the cachet of Denver nor the family-friendly rep of Colorado Springs, but I imagine still a pleasant enough place to live.

Nicodemus, Kan.
Historic Exoduster community in NW Central KS

St. Joseph MI

Old 05-13-2020, 10:40 AM

474 posts, read 532,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Historic Exoduster community in NW Central KS

St. Joseph MI
Idyllic town on the coast of Lake Michigan, on some days you can see the Chicago skyline way on the horizon.

Centralia, PA

Old 05-13-2020, 10:46 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,663,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjohnyang View Post
Idyllic town on the coast of Lake Michigan, on some days you can see the Chicago skyline way on the horizon.

Centralia, PA
Centralia is a once-bustling Industrial-era town in rural PA that was forced to quickly abandon itself as an underground mine fire spread. I grew up about an hour away but never visited there. I've heard some parts of the ground still smoke and smolder. Has to be very eerie! I believe it was the inspiration behind the setting for the fictitious town of Silent Hill.

NEXT CITY: Dothan, AL

Old 05-13-2020, 11:38 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Dothan, AL
A pleasant town at the juncture of AL, FL, and GA. Home to the Peanut Festival, lots of peanuts, cotton, and other crops grown in the area.

Lancaster, CA

Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
A pleasant town at the juncture of AL, FL, and GA. Home to the Peanut Festival, lots of peanuts, cotton, and other crops grown in the area.

Lancaster, CA
Where my wife was born. Kind of a place of exile for working-class previous residents of the city of Los Angeles. Very suburban, lower-class overall, high desert, fairly attractive to the eye, very windy, very warm in the summer, cold by local standards in the winter. Snow just about every winter too.

Now, where I was born:

Long Beach, CA

Old 05-13-2020, 05:19 PM

795 posts, read 484,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Where my wife was born. Kind of a place of exile for working-class previous residents of the city of Los Angeles. Very suburban, lower-class overall, high desert, fairly attractive to the eye, very windy, very warm in the summer, cold by local standards in the winter. Snow just about every winter too.

Now, where I was born:

Long Beach, CA

Where Count David and Tiffani Thiessen were born! A quick Google search, it looks like a nice clean big city!
The RMS Queen Mary Museum looks fun! Pretty beaches, seems like a nice place!!

Where I was born:

Malden, MA

Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times
I just know it's an inner-ring north Boston suburb, pretty sure it's on the T. I think it has a large Jewish population?

Shoreline, WA

Old 05-14-2020, 12:14 PM

93,489 posts, read 124,229,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I just know it's an inner-ring north Boston suburb, pretty sure it's on the T. I think it has a large Jewish population?

Shoreline, WA
Suburb of Seattle that is in the far NW corner of King County.

Davenport IA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City