Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2021, 06:35 PM

16,711 posts, read 29,555,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Was there once, briefly, a few years ago. No particular impressions, looked like any other town on the Great Lakes. One of the few parts of Chicagoland that's continuing to grow, along with Northwest Indiana, the farthest-out suburbs in Illinois, and the downtown/core neighborhoods of the city. Really wish I could see better things in the future of Chicagoland/Illinois.

Boston, MA
White Privilege in City Form

Harrisonburg, VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 06:39 PM

679 posts, read 497,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
White Privilege in City Form

Harrisonburg, VA?

Home of James Madison University. A small city probably heavily influenced by the school. Nice scenery isn't too far away.

Lubbock, Texas

Old 07-26-2021, 07:03 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,657,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
Home of James Madison University. A small city probably heavily influenced by the school. Nice scenery isn't too far away.

Lubbock, Texas
I drove through it once. It looked run-down and faded and past its prime, if indeed it ever had a prime. I was not in the least bit impressed. Amarillo seemed much nicer to me.

Cairo, IL

Old 07-26-2021, 07:16 PM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I drove through it once. It looked run-down and faded and past its prime, if indeed it ever had a prime. I was not in the least bit impressed. Amarillo seemed much nicer to me.

Cairo, IL
The saddest town in all of Illinois, a largely run-down and abandoned little piece of the Deep South on the wrong side of the Ohio River. An Illini on a related thread to this one just dumped on Cape Girardeau, Mo., a little ways up the Mississippi from here, because it so easily upstages anything in far southern Illinois.

Cahokia Heights, Ill.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:04 AM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The saddest town in all of Illinois, a largely run-down and abandoned little piece of the Deep South on the wrong side of the Ohio River. An Illini on a related thread to this one just dumped on Cape Girardeau, Mo., a little ways up the Mississippi from here, because it so easily upstages anything in far southern Illinois.

Cahokia Heights, Ill.
Looks like is was just created by the cities of Cahokia, Centreville, and Alorton. It's exactly like East St. Louis.

West Richland, Washington

Old 08-01-2021, 02:52 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Looks like is was just created by the cities of Cahokia, Centreville, and Alorton. It's exactly like East St. Louis.

West Richland, Washington
A small suburb, of the Washington tri-cities area. I street viewed it a little bit, and it seems fine. Just don't think it would be my cup of tea, to want to live there. Also, a former US federal government plutonium plant for developing that for nuclear bombs, used to exist north/west of West Richland. There is still an active nuclear power plant just north/west of town, so I suspect it'd probably be a fine place to live if you worked at that plant?

Spokane, WA

Old 08-03-2021, 08:12 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
A small suburb, of the Washington tri-cities area. I street viewed it a little bit, and it seems fine. Just don't think it would be my cup of tea, to want to live there. Also, a former US federal government plutonium plant for developing that for nuclear bombs, used to exist north/west of West Richland. There is still an active nuclear power plant just north/west of town, so I suspect it'd probably be a fine place to live if you worked at that plant?

Spokane, WA
Spokane seems like a nice moderate sized city. Columbus IN.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Spokane seems like a nice moderate sized city. Columbus IN.
Seem like a great town! Love the modern architecture, historic designations, etc.

Helen, GA.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:06 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Seem like a great town! Love the modern architecture, historic designations, etc.

Helen, GA.
I like the surroundings, which are mostly state parks. Seems like a decent place to live as well.

Hammond, Indiana

Old 08-07-2021, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
I like the surroundings, which are mostly state parks. Seems like a decent place to live as well.

Hammond, Indiana
Gary’s middle class sister.

Vinings, GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City