Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 07:55 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Hialeah FL.
Predominantly Cuban suburb of Miami. It's a family friendly and safe area.

Selma, Alabama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 09:36 AM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Predominantly Cuban suburb of Miami. It's a family friendly and safe area.

Selma, Alabama
The site of the famous voting rights march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge, which was called 'bloody Sunday' after police sadly beat up protesters marching across that bridge. I have street viewed Selma before, and at least it's downtown doesn't look bad. I think parts of Selma could use more investment though, and that I wish the crime rate(per what's reported on City Data's profile for Selma) was lower. I wouldn't mind visiting someday to see the historic civil rights things in this town, though.

Speaking of predominantly black towns that are historically known in Alabama: Tuskegee, AL

Old 08-24-2021, 10:08 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,533,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
The site of the famous voting rights march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge, which was called 'bloody Sunday' after police sadly beat up protesters marching across that bridge. I have street viewed Selma before, and at least it's downtown doesn't look bad. I think parts of Selma could use more investment though, and that I wish the crime rate(per what's reported on City Data's profile for Selma) was lower. I wouldn't mind visiting someday to see the historic civil rights things in this town, though.

Speaking of predominantly black towns that are historically known in Alabama: Tuskegee, AL
Very historic and a great place to visit.

Brevard, NC

Old 08-25-2021, 07:29 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Very historic and a great place to visit.

Brevard, NC
Little town that doesn't seem to have much besides Pisgah National Forest. Youngstown OH.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:21 AM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Little town that doesn't seem to have much besides Pisgah National Forest. Youngstown OH.
Much more than Detroit, a city that deindustrialization has damaged badly.

Columbus, Ohio

Old 08-26-2021, 10:55 AM

2,550 posts, read 2,876,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Much more than Detroit, a city that deindustrialization has damaged badly.

Columbus, Ohio
Fun city for young people. Transplant-friendly by midwest standards. If you can get over the area's mega-obsession with Ohio State then it seems like the type of place where it would be easy for all types of people to live a comfortable life and find happiness.

Wichita, KS

Old 08-26-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fun city for young people. Transplant-friendly by midwest standards. If you can get over the area's mega-obsession with Ohio State then it seems like the type of place where it would be easy for all types of people to live a comfortable life and find happiness.

Wichita, KS
A city that historically relied on aircraft building for factory jobs, from talking to others about this city. I don't know if there's as much of that in Wichita today, but I'd suspect some of it might still be done there? Also is the home of Wichita State University, where it's basketball teams sometimes have made it far in NCAA Final Four basketball tournaments. City seems like an alright smaller sized city with even a few historic neighborhoods and a few such older buildings(i.e. the older hotel that got renovated into Drury Plaza Hotel), when I've street viewed it in the past.

Hays, KS

Old 08-31-2021, 07:47 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
A city that historically relied on aircraft building for factory jobs, from talking to others about this city. I don't know if there's as much of that in Wichita today, but I'd suspect some of it might still be done there? Also is the home of Wichita State University, where it's basketball teams sometimes have made it far in NCAA Final Four basketball tournaments. City seems like an alright smaller sized city with even a few historic neighborhoods and a few such older buildings(i.e. the older hotel that got renovated into Drury Plaza Hotel), when I've street viewed it in the past.

Hays, KS
Looks like a low cost, low crime college town ; a lot better than expected.

Hendersonville, Tennessee

Old 09-01-2021, 07:44 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Looks like a low cost, low crime college town ; a lot better than expected.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Seems like nice suburbia. Mulvane KS.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Seems like nice suburbia. Mulvane KS.
I street viewed Mulvane briefly. Looks like a decent small town, a little past where most suburbs are in the Wichita area. And I see once upon a time in its downtown, it had a former Santa Fe passenger railroad station as well. Good to see the old Santa Fe RR station building, still stands!

Sheridan, Wyoming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City