Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 01:29 AM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Largest city on the shoreline of its namesake lake; seems like a nice place to visit in the summer or to go boating. It would be cool to just sail across the lake to Milwaukee for the day. Close enough to commute to Grand Rapids if you have a job in that area. Winters can be rough due to lake effect, but its not as brutal as the UP, MN, or the Dakotas.

Olive Branch, MS
A fast growing suburb of Memphis, on the Mississippi side of the TN/MS border. Looks like it's rated pretty well for low crime, good schools, etc.

Madison, MS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 07:22 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Madison, MS
Strict building codes, reputation for being snobby. Gotta keep up appearances.

Dearborn, Michigan

Old 09-20-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Strict building codes, reputation for being snobby. Gotta keep up appearances.

Dearborn, Michigan
Has a noticeable Middle Eastern population, and I bet would be cool to someday eat at some of the Middle Eastern restaurants, bakeries, etc. there. Which lookinh back, I wish I'd explored those places to eat in Dearborn more years ago. The Henry Ford(and Greenfield Village) museum is there(and btw a REALLY great museum), as is Ford Motor Company's headquarters.

Natchez, MS

Old 09-21-2021, 08:53 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Largest city on the shoreline of its namesake lake; seems like a nice place to visit in the summer or to go boating. It would be cool to just sail across the lake to Milwaukee for the day. Close enough to commute to Grand Rapids if you have a job in that area. Winters can be rough due to lake effect, but its not as brutal as the UP, MN, or the Dakotas.

Olive Branch, MS
Clean, new looking Memphis suburb. Methuen MA.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:56 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Natchez, MS
It's a place I've never gotten the chance to visit, but would absolutely love to. It's one of the most well-preserved cities in the Deep South in terms of antebellum structures as it was virtually untouched in the Civil War, unlike its upriver neighbor Vicksburg which was decimated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Methuen MA.
I've heard of it, but don't really know anything about it. It's halfway between Boston and Manchester. It probably has some suburban characteristics and some typical New England small town characteristics.

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Old 09-22-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It's a place I've never gotten the chance to visit, but would absolutely love to. It's one of the most well-preserved cities in the Deep South in terms of antebellum structures as it was virtually untouched in the Civil War, unlike its upriver neighbor Vicksburg which was decimated.

I've heard of it, but don't really know anything about it. It's halfway between Boston and Manchester. It probably has some suburban characteristics and some typical New England small town characteristics.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Looks like it's a nice Gulf beach community, between Mobile and Pensacola. And it's near some other Baldwin County towns, which also seem at first glance nice (i.e. Foley, Fairhope, etc).

Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi

Old 09-28-2021, 03:19 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Looks like it's a nice Gulf beach community, between Mobile and Pensacola. And it's near some other Baldwin County towns, which also seem at first glance nice (i.e. Foley, Fairhope, etc).

Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
It’s a Mississippi coastal town, and it doesn’t look too bad. There seem to be many retirees.

Bradenton, Florida

Old 09-28-2021, 08:51 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,657,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
It’s a Mississippi coastal town, and it doesn’t look too bad. There seem to be many retirees.

Bradenton, Florida
Home of IMG Academy, one of the most expensive boarding schools in the country. It's a pretty nice place, but I think neighboring Sarasota is a bit nicer.

Rapid City, South Dakota

Old 09-29-2021, 01:05 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Home of IMG Academy, one of the most expensive boarding schools in the country. It's a pretty nice place, but I think neighboring Sarasota is a bit nicer.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Seems like an interesting town near the Black Hills that I'd definitely like to explore. Klamath Falls OR.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Seems like an interesting town near the Black Hills that I'd definitely like to explore. Klamath Falls OR.
Looks like it'd be an alright smaller city, in southern Oregon, or Jefferson. Whatever you wanna call that area. And that it does have a local state college(Oregon Institute of Technology), a nearby lake if you want to boat(Upper Klamath Lake), an Amtrak station on the Coast Starlight route(that's a good plus for me), and isn't too far away from Medford and Ashland if you want more things to do. Plus of course, isn't too far away from Crater Lake National Park either. And the crime rate(per checking the C-D profile page for Klamath Falls) doesn't look too bad, if slightly above the national average.

Easton, MD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City