Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2021, 04:08 PM

899 posts, read 518,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
A nice smaller city, in central Pennsylvania. And located near where some Amish and Mennonite settlements are, not far from that city.

Williamsport, PA
I know it as the home of the Little League World Series, but there are a few colleges there as well. As far as towns of that size in Pennsylvania go, Williamsport isn’t too bad.

Lakewood, Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 04:46 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
I know it as the home of the Little League World Series, but there are a few colleges there as well. As far as towns of that size in Pennsylvania go, Williamsport isn’t too bad.

Lakewood, Ohio
Seems like it'd be a nice nearby community/suburb to live in, if you worked a job in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure myself and family briefly drove into some lakefront park in Lakewood to hang out and chill, when we all(family and me) last visited there years ago.

New Harmony, IN

Old 11-15-2021, 11:30 PM

397 posts, read 319,498 times
Quote:
Seems like it'd be a nice nearby community/suburb to live in, if you worked a job in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure myself and family briefly drove into some lakefront park in Lakewood to hang out and chill, when we all(family and me) last visited there years ago.

New Harmony, IN
Seems like a unique small town with an interesting history. Might be worth a stop if you ever find yourself in the general area...

Fort Lauderdale.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:47 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
Seems like a unique small town with an interesting history. Might be worth a stop if you ever find yourself in the general area...

Fort Lauderdale.
Named after a different Lauderdale than the namesake of the three Lauderdale Counties (in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee)

Boring, OR

Old 11-17-2021, 10:46 AM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Named after a different Lauderdale than the namesake of the three Lauderdale Counties (in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee)

Boring, OR
Sounds boring, lol! Picturesque small town. Ft. Myers FL.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:09 AM

13,616 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ft. Myers FL.
I don't care much for SW Florida, as it's even more retiree-heavy than other parts of a retiree-heavy state. I also find it to be the most uninteresting and dull part of the state scenery-wise. While the beaches outside Fort Myers are nice, it's not a place I'd care to live. The city does have a bit of interesting history though with its Thomas Edison connection.

Fall River, Massachusetts

Old 11-17-2021, 12:24 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I don't care much for SW Florida, as it's even more retiree-heavy than other parts of a retiree-heavy state. I also find it to be the most uninteresting and dull part of the state scenery-wise. While the beaches outside Fort Myers are nice, it's not a place I'd care to live. The city does have a bit of interesting history though with its Thomas Edison connection.

Fall River, Massachusetts
Nice looking place. I like the warship collection they have there (battleship Massachusetts and some other smaller vessels). Probably worth taking a day and poking around the town.

Wappingers Falls, NY.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
^^aerospace, Boeing etc....

Nashville? for a big, little city, it never grabbed me.
Not just the built environment of Downtown,
the not well activated street wall, or the numbers of people.
For me it's too sprawly.

Lawrence, KS
Been there. An impressive, rather scenic larger town in Kansas with KU on a hillside. Would me one of my top picks to consider from, if I had to choose a Kansas town to live in. The Kansas River running nearby is fairly impressive for a river. Being well under an hour from Kansas City, MO is a plus.

Bartlesville, OK

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-17-2021 at 06:32 PM..

Old 11-17-2021, 06:36 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Nice looking place. I like the warship collection they have there (battleship Massachusetts and some other smaller vessels). Probably worth taking a day and poking around the town.

Wappingers Falls, NY.
Looks like a very charming town, on the other side(south) of where I traveled years ago that was near Poughkeepsie. Which was north of there,to see FDR's mansion and also the Vanderbilt mansion. This town was skipped by a later poster, so I answered this one.

Bartlesville also seems nice, as well. And I've always liked that Frank Lloyd Wright office high rise, that was originally built for an oil company of some sort in it's downtown. And the fact it isn't far from Tulsa, is nice.

Wichita, KS

Old 11-17-2021, 07:19 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Looks like a very charming town, on the other side(south) of where I traveled years ago that was near Poughkeepsie. Which was north of there,to see FDR's mansion and also the Vanderbilt mansion. This town was skipped by a later poster, so I answered this one.

Bartlesville also seems nice, as well. And I've always liked that Frank Lloyd Wright office high rise, that was originally built for an oil company of some sort in it's downtown. And the fact it isn't far from Tulsa, is nice.

Wichita, KS
I think it's really neat, having the Eisenhower presidential library in that city. Except, it's not in that city, it's in Abilene. But I persistently think that it's in Wichita, because their airport is named after Eisenhower, so I conflate the two in my mind. Also, I remember when I was a kid, I saw a picture of a tornado hitting Wichita, and it stuck in my brain for some reason. Though, now that I think about it, it might have been a tornado in Wichita Falls, TX. So, apparently, my opinion of Wichita is based on other places. Maybe I ought to go there sometime and see it for myself, so I can form a real opinion about it.

Oh, what the heck. Abilene, KS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City