Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM

223 posts, read 829,693 times

Advertisements

When your number 1 like New York City (#1 city in the world) your always going to be talked about!!!!

Alot of people always have something negative to say about New York. Thats because they are jealous of New York every city is. No city is even close to New York City and the people that put New York down they try to hide their envy with hatered for New York City, but keep on hating this way the more haters their is we all know that New York is still number 1 and always will be!!!!

New York City will always be the most talked about city because its the center of the world. Every other U.S. city will always be in New York's shadow 4-ever, so get used to it!!! Everybody needs to get over their

NEW YORK INFERIOIRITY COMPLEX

Good Luck!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM

223 posts, read 829,693 times
Default So why are you on this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Have you been traveling all over these states to listen in on others conversations?

Although you may want to think NY is the topic of every conversation you would be sadly mistaken.

I do notice that many NYers tend to live off this supposed greatness as if it is thier own rather than realizing it is a city and does not in turn make them superior.

Yes, I have been to other areas

In fact my freind who was from the Bronx moved to Florida outside of Orlando, and every girl he met wanted to know what New York was like? They also like his accent. He was a chick magnet down in your state.

Let me ask you a question?

Why are you on a message board called

" Why NYC is the most talked about City"

Do you have a infioirity complex problem that invloves New York that you need to address?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,635,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
^^^^^Which is kind of crazy considering that New York is America's gem, it's largest city. There is no state which is not represented in New York, people from around the country build the strenght of New York and strengh of its institutions, like Wall Street, Broadway or publishing business determines America's standing in the world. New York is a joint effort and everyone should be proud of it and not bashing it like it was an enemy.
And when it all comes down to it.. there are amazing areas in EVERY region of the planet.. and I'm glad I have seen many areas. I love NYC, but by no means was it my favorite city. I tell an NYCer it's not my favorite city, and it's like I killed their Mother they are so offended..

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,479,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
I tell an NYCer it's not my favorite city, and it's like I killed their Mother they are so offended..
LOL that is exactly what its like with some of them. Some NYers got paper-thin skin and its really easy to push their buttons. Just wait to see some of the reactions to what you and I have said right now lol.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM

197 posts, read 182,094 times
Quote:
And when it all comes down to it.. there are amazing areas in EVERY region of the planet.. and I'm glad I have seen many areas. I love NYC, but by no means was it my favorite city. I tell an NYCer it's not my favorite city, and it's like I killed their Mother they are so offended..
Really? My response would be none. Who really cares if New York is your city or not? New York is full of many many prominent personalities who chose to live here, your opinion does not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Self-aggrandizement. Which, coincidentally, is the obvious purpose of this thread.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,635,406 times
Quote:
Really? My response would be none. Who really cares if New York is your city or not? New York is full of many many prominent personalities who chose to live here, your opinion does not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
No, your response would be

Quote:
Who really cares if New York is your city or not? New York is full of many many prominent personalities who chose to live here, your opinion does not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
LOL! I especially like the comment how my opinion has no bearing since I'm not a prominent personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Self-aggrandizement. Which, coincidentally, is the obvious purpose of this thread.
Truth.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:41 PM

197 posts, read 182,094 times
Quote:
No, your response would be

LOL! I especially like the comment how my opinion has no bearing since I'm not a prominent personality.
Honestly? Do you think it does? Do you think apartment prices will go down because of your or someone else's dislike of New York? Is Madonna going to move out? Will the Stock Exchange leave as well?
Of course not everybody likes New York, there is no place on the planet that everybody likes but if you think your negative comments would ruff anyone' feathers you haven't heard what New Yorkers say about their own city on a daily basis.. LOL And if you'd mentioned you are from Houston most people would start laughing.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,265,909 times
Pretty much everyone hit this on the head at least partially.

For instance, some people mentioned some New Yorkers BRAGGING. Its true, no matter what the topic, some New Yorker is going to brag that NYC has the biggest or the best. Or even the worst, a couple of NY teens were trying to prove that New York has the WORST crime rate --- because as we all know having a high crime rate in your city makes you so tough and so very cool!

Other posters mentioned the JEALOUSLY of New York. Clearly jealously makes some people constantly mention the city in a negative way, even when it has nothing to do with the topic in hand. Or saying they rather live in a poverty stricken third world city then New York. Not going to mention any names, but the same people keep doing it OVER AND OVER again, ad naseum.

I think for most of us, NYC is simply the biggest and best known city so its the city we compare everything to. For instance there has been two threads recently where people are asking how their parks stack against Central Park:

1. Central Park vs. Golden Gate Park by AcroJimmy2 from California?
2. Which park do you prefer Central Park vs. National Mall? by Caymon83 from DC

I think both guys meant well by starting these threads (I am not attacking them) but it is interesting that no one has started a recent thread comparing Golden Gate Park vs. the National Mall.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,660,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Yes, I have been to other areas

In fact my freind who was from the Bronx moved to Florida outside of Orlando, and every girl he met wanted to know what New York was like? They also like his accent. He was a chick magnet down in your state.

Let me ask you a question?

Why are you on a message board called

" Why NYC is the most talked about City"

Do you have a infioirity complex problem that invloves New York that you need to address?
Well first off, I am on a public message board. The message board is also called City-Data.com not " Why NYC is the most talked about City". If you did not want replies there was one avenue for you to take. Don't post.

New York is one of the more talked about cities for 2 reasons. This should have been easy to figure out but I will explain it to you. First off, with a population of over 8 mil, 18 mil or so if you count the metro area, there are more people from that area and thus more talking about it.

Second, and this should have been obvious to you, it is called ego. You show it in your posts.
Being from NY does not make you a step above anyone but for some reason you seem to think it does.

Why would you think I have any kind of inferiority complex? If you examine what you have been posting it is clear that you are the one feeling inferior. If you were not you would not need to prop yourself up boasting about the city you live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City