Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: S.A. or Austin? For whatever reason.
Austin 39 34.82%
Neither 14 12.50%
San Antonio 59 52.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM

580 posts, read 1,082,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Why must these threads always be called "smackdowns"? That word makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.
I just think it's a little city-city rivalry, nothing more. All in good fun. Now, you do have plenty of people who have strong opinions about certain places and then it gets kind of interesting to read, but I think it's just for fun in general. Because I'm a nerd and comparing cities online is fun for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,115,278 times
I love comparing cities. When I was little i would fight with my cousins from Dallas and Houston, about skyscrapers, (I was the younger one)of course I had a fight on my hands. I guess since then I have always been a lil defensive about my hometown, when arguing what city is better. My cousins from Houston and Dallas all moved back to San Antonio. Actually my cousin from Dallas, my aunt and uncle moved the family to Austin for a couple years. So when I would go visit, it was my turn, and I had my fun picking on Austin. It's all in good fun.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:18 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,584,196 times
^You're lucky you just had to deal with comparisons from cities in the state. I had to deal with Dallasites mostly and, on top of that, Los Angelenos!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,190,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
I love comparing cities. When I was little i would fight with my cousins from Dallas and Houston, about skyscrapers, (I was the younger one)of course I had a fight on my hands. I guess since then I have always been a lil defensive about my hometown, when arguing what city is better. My cousins from Houston and Dallas all moved back to San Antonio. Actually my cousin from Dallas, my aunt and uncle moved the family to Austin for a couple years. So when I would go visit, it was my turn, and I had my fun picking on Austin. It's all in good fun.
Yeah, most people I've met from Austin love San Antonio and visa versa. The people in these two cities seem to get along pretty well and I normally don't take anyone from either city bashing or picking on the other seriously.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM

580 posts, read 1,082,365 times
Oh I definitely like parts of San Antonio, and indeed there are great places most everywhere you go. For the longest time I was like a huge Pro Austinite, like I'd mentally try to get the local government to build more, taller buildings so that we could have a skyline we could brag about. Eventually though I learned that different cities are good for different things, and having the tallest skyscrapers shouldn't be what defines a city. That's what places like Dallas and Houston are for. A lot of people think that Austin is just an overgrown college town (which they actually are fairly justified in saying) but you know what? I still love my hometown! People can talk about which city has more of this or a better that, but what really matters is how you feel about your city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City