Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Metro has the Best Shopping?
New York Metropolitan Area 81 54.36%
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area 30 20.13%
Chicago Metropolitan Area 12 8.05%
Other 26 17.45%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
the most famous shopping street in the world?
I see new thread potential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
I see new thread potential

lol good idea, but you can take that one if you want. I don't want to start anymore trouble

Old 03-13-2010, 12:53 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,418,319 times
Quote:
lol you do know that 5th avenue is more or less the most famous shopping street in the world?
100% aware. I used to live in the New York area. 5th Avenue is not as nice, as well put together, or as clean as Michigan Avenue. Michigan Avenue is more comparable to Champs-Elysees than to 5th Avenue.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:25 AM

271 posts, read 393,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Your brain is programmed to believe that New York City is better than every other city in America!
Just to point something out. You do have and I quote,"Dallas, the best city on earth" under your name. Sounds like you might have received the same program?

Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 AM

271 posts, read 393,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1984 View Post
I think you're right in this regard, but those amenities arent always available to all. For as great as New York is, it's maddening at times to see the wealth disparity there and the way the ultra-rich spend their money. Much of the great shopping in New York is because of it's status as the one of the greed capitals of the world.

And I love New York, just being honest...
That's every city on the planet.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:29 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar1963 View Post
Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Miami are all very equal to one another and would be the closest to New York, but each of them falls a bit short when you look at the total package. They all certainly provide much more than half the experience the New york does though.
I'd put LA an inch below NYC. Do you know the number of Shopping venues the LA metro has? It's insane. I'd put it like this:

1.New York City
>
>
2.Los Angeles
>
>
>
>
3.Miami
4.SF
5.Chicago
6.Vegas
?
?
?
?
?
?

Old 03-13-2010, 07:20 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Just to point something out. You do have and I quote,"Dallas, the best city on earth" under your name. Sounds like you might have received the same program?
I know Dallas isn't the best city on Earth!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
^^Doesn't count if it's just a tiny little store. We're talking 4 floors of a flagship in NYC. A Coach, Gucci, Bloomingdales in NY will be bigger and better with a much bigger selection than any city. Like here in NY metro, we have furniture in Bloomingdales. No other Bloomies have that. And what about all your high-end boutiques??? haha.
They aren't tiny little stores. Like i said NY caters to a much larger population, its not about the quantity but the quality, and other cities have the same quality stores as NY, I know NY has more quantity of shopping so there fore its the "best metro to shop" for the sake of this thread. I'm just pointing out that you can still get the same things in other cities, because you make it seem like you can't and that every other city besides NY is some hillbilly city, your ignorance is hilarious.

and the boutiques here are on park ave in Winter Park..

Unique Shops of Winter Park

Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
They aren't tiny little stores. Like i said NY caters to a much larger population, its not about the quantity but the quality, and other cities have the same quality stores as NY, I know NY has more quantity of shopping so there fore its the "best metro to shop" for the sake of this thread. I'm just pointing out that you can still get the same things in other cities, because you make it seem like you can't and that every other city besides NY is some hillbilly city, your ignorance is hilarious.

and the boutiques here are on park ave in Winter Park..

Unique Shops of Winter Park

No, you can't. There's a reason why Soho is one of the best shopping districts in the world. You don't see celebrities flying to Orlando just to go shopping, lol. People go to Orlando to go to Disney world; not to shop. Hilarious indeed.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
No, you can't. There's a reason why Soho is one of the best shopping districts in the world. You don't see celebrities flying to Orlando just to go shopping, lol. People go to Orlando to go to Disney world; not to shop. Hilarious indeed.
I never said that. You missed the whole point of my post. Your ignorance is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City