Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to visit?
Savannah, GA 54 49.09%
Santa Fe, NM 56 50.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Have you even been to Santa Fe? We have the lame historical Plaza that brings Millions anually. We bring in more tourists than Albuquerque! We have all that Spanish-Indian Market stuff as well..

I have been to Savannah three times, Santa Fe has a better theme going on.. anyways believe it or not Santa Fe is more expensive, more fashionable and brings in more tourists.

We dont need a port, we could care less, we are in the desert. Plus Savannah is losing people.... wahhhh wahhh..
You must not have read my earlier post.Yes I have been to Santa Fe.A few times.I was stationed at Kirtland AFB and Cannon AFB.I know the entire area well.I know you are away from the mass population centers of the U.S. but,"reading is fundamental".I ALREADY HAD STATED earlier that Santa Fe is more expensive.Is that really a good thing?Yes,Savannah has a HORRIBLE crime rate,but its still not like you cannot go there and be safe.It is your opinion that you like Santa Fe better.Thats ok.I have no problem with that,but don't throw stuff out there to see if it "sticks".B.S. always "slides".LOL.Yeh its loosing people to it suburbs because the city is too expensive to own anything(especially in the historic district).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You must not have read my earlier post.Yes I have been to Santa Fe.A few times.I was stationed at Kirtland AFB and Cannon AFB.I know the entire area well.I know you are away from the mass population centers of the U.S. but,"reading is fundamental".I ALREADY HAD STATED earlier that Santa Fe is more expensive.Is that really a good thing?Yes,Savannah has a HORRIBLE crime rate,but its still not like you cannot go there and be safe.It is your opinion that you like Santa Fe better.Thats ok.I have no problem with that,but don't throw stuff out there to see if it "sticks".B.S. always "slides".LOL
Yes, that is a better thing, becuase when you have money then you know its your place. Santa Fe is one of the most Safest small cities in the West. Very low crime rate for a city its size. I dont like Santa Fe better, never have never will even though I grew up there, I do like the weather. Your just like a hypocrite, I will drop it there though.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, that is a better thing, becuase when you have money then you know its your place. Santa Fe is one of the most Safest small cities in the West. Very low crime rate for a city its size. I dont like Santa Fe better, never have never will even though I grew up there, I do like the weather. Your just like a hypocrite, I will drop it there though.
So you insult me then "you drop it there"?.How am I a hypocrite? .A city its size usually does not have high crime!LOL!!Just admit it an be honest,you straight out lied and got caught!!Yet I'm a hypocrit?LOL!Im literally laughing at this veil attempt to discredit me.Nice try...actually no,it was a "terrible try".

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
So you insult me then "you drop it there"?.How am I a hypocrite? .A city its size usually does not have high crime!LOL!!Just admit it an be honest,you straight out lied and got caught!!Yet I'm a hypocrit?LOL!Im literally laughing at this veil attempt to discredit me.Nice try...actually no,it was a "terrible try".
Noo... You insulted first. I dropped it, cause you just go on and on and on... about pointless crap.

Ummm First of all, due to the Lifestyle in Santa Fe crime tends to be lower, I'm an urban planner so there is no use in arguing when I pretty much know most of it all.. Santa Fe has 78,455 people, 152,334 in the Metro. Per Capita... we are one of the safest in the nation if not. Ummm.. trying... no, you started.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 AM

Anyway, Read some history.

The Oldest Capital in the United States, Santa Fe, turning 400 years old. Founded like 150 years before that.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Noo... You insulted first. I dropped it, cause you just go on and on and on... about pointless crap.

Ummm First of all, due to the Lifestyle in Santa Fe crime tends to be lower, I'm an urban planner so there is no use in arguing when I pretty much know most of it all.. Santa Fe has 78,455 people, 152,334 in the Metro. Per Capita... we are one of the safest in the nation if not. Ummm.. trying... no, you started.
What did I say?I corrected a so called urban planner who says they been to Savannah 3 times yet does not know which is bigger.Yes I do tend to go on and on when people make false statements and cant back them up.What are you 12?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Yes you are right it does have some VERY ghetto areas,but its squares and the historical structures more than make up for those areas.All of Savannah is not run down .Unforturnately its a small city where the really nice areas are around the corner from the really bad.Like New Orleans people love it because of the history and the mystique.It is something that if you are not aware of the background of its people,and the culture,on the surface it can be underwhelming.Taken in together as a whole package,is a different story.

Santa Fe gets away with it because it is basically very expensive to live.Where the wealthy are,so are the amenities.Talk about Amenities.The Georgia O'keefe Museum is absolutely remarkable!The Palace of Governors.Also I remember going into a very old church that was built with a staircase that has no obvious support.It was built buy a travelling carpenter.After he completed it ,he was never seen again and never took payment.I bought a hand carved "angel" from the church 10 years ago.I still have it

.I admit Santa Fe does not have the crime or the "run down look" that exist in "SOME" parts of Savannah.However I encourage you to take another look after you have done some research about all that Savannah has to offer.It will literally compel you to see more of this great city that has plenty of "first" in the founding and creation of our nation.
^^^^Perhaps you should re- read what I said earlier.So your facts I all ready know.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times
Savannah..It's a southern east coast city with tons of history.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 AM

572 posts, read 1,994,939 times
If I had to live in one or the other, I would probably choose Savannah.

Santa Fe is very nice to visit but it's far from most everything except a great desert and great mountains. It does have cool overpriced boutiques and art galleries, but Savannah is more livable on a day to day basis.

It's a tough choice. I may change my mind.

And Bradly please give your "I'm an urban planner so I know everything" a rest.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
What did I say?I corrected a so called urban planner who says they been to Savannah 3 times yet does not know which is bigger.Yes I do tend to go on and on when people make false statements and cant back them up.What are you 12?
If anyone seems 12 it is you. I'm 27. And I work for Planning in the city of LV. I know which is bigger.. thats common sense. I know which is older too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City