Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,342,023 times

Advertisements

Do you listen to Hot 91 kbank?

I guarantee you turn to it within 10-15 minutes you will hear a new Dout Gotcha or B. Michelle and you can hear a newClipse whenever you want..

You must listen to a wack station.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM

I know Me and all my friends know the words to the local hits. It's lots of "neighborhood superstars" in the 757.. go to the club lol

Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
prince paul in da house - reminds me of college

YouTube - 3rd Bass "Pop Goes The Weasel"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmwmxhHmlg&feature=fvw

Old 10-05-2009, 08:17 PM

YouTube - 3rd Bass - The Gas Face

Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM

386 posts, read 986,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
Yeah, we def. sound more east coast than Richmond.. I guess it's jus the culture lol.

But I think that Hampton Roads has the better hip hop scene in Virginia (with PHarell, Clipse, Missy, Timbaland making it to the top) and the local guys (Dout Gotcha, B. Michelle, Fam-Lay, DJ Jack of Spades, Nephew Aka Success etc.)
Yea the culture is way different. 3-6 mafia was huge in Richmond in the early 2000's while 757 was on Mobb Deep/Lox. Boosie and Webbie have been very big in Richmond since like 2003. Also the car of choice in the 804 area has been the Cadillac for generations, while 757 people seem to love Lexus/Acura, and many people wear the gold fronts, versace frames, and plaits in Richmond. People from Richmond also talk different and use the words shawty, and mane frequently and have been using these words for generations.lol. I like the Clipse, and Famlay's music. I know Nephew from High School when I moved to the 757 because we went to the same high school.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM

the mighty gangstarr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EWJ9JrxU0g

Old 10-05-2009, 08:24 PM

386 posts, read 986,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
I know Me and all my friends know the words to the local hits. It's lots of "neighborhood superstars" in the 757.. go to the club lol
I feel you, but its still different than how "Lac Boy" or "One More Time" or "Southside Supastar" is in Richmond. There are people who have the songs as there ring tones. Everybody from the 804 will know these songs. Don't get me wrong because I love the hiphop scene in the 757 I just wish it had more of an identity as far as what direction it was going in. Most sound like they are from Philly/NYC, the other quarter sound like they are from ATL, while the last quarter on trying to be apart of the DMV movement. Sadly this same dilemma applies to VA hiphop in Richmond also except you could flip the Philly/NYC with down-south.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbank007 View Post
Yea the culture is way different. 3-6 mafia was huge in Richmond in the early 2000's while 757 was on Mobb Deep/Lox. Boosie and Webbie have been very big in Richmond since like 2003. Also the car of choice in the 804 area has been the Cadillac for generations, while 757 people seem to love Lexus/Acura, and many people wear the gold fronts, versace frames, and plaits in Richmond. People from Richmond also talk different and use the words shawty, and mane frequently and have been using these words for generations.lol. I like the Clipse, and Famlay's music. I know Nephew from High School when I moved to the 757 because we played on the same basketball team in Chesapeake.
I really like Nephew, don't you think he has potential? Your telling me you haven't heard him on the radio all the time?

Yeah the culture is crazy different..
If somebody in Norfolk or Virginia Beach said shawty they would look ignorant lol.. We're much more connected with Philly and New York than Atlanta and NOLA. You would think it'd be the opposite because of the geography.

I've heard stories from back in the day of Norfolk and Va Beach infiltrated by New Yorkers. Like the Clipse said growing up they would see Biggie and Diddy downtwn Norfolk at the club and Jay- Z and Tupac at the VB Oceanfont.. Guess it's just the way it is..

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbank007 View Post
I feel you, but its still different than how "Lac Boy" or "One More Time" or "Southside Supastar" is in Richmond. There are people who have the songs as there ring tones. Everybody from the 804 will know these songs. Don't get me wrong because I love the hiphop scene in the 757 I just wish it had more of an identity as far as what direction it was going in. Most sound like they are from Philly/NYC, the other quarter sound like they are from ATL, while the last quarter on trying to be apart of the DMV movement. Sadly this same dilemma applies to VA hiphop in Richmond also except you could flip the Philly/NYC with down-south.
Oh yeah thats virginias problem. regions like atlanta KNOW who they are and what they sound like and it helps them make hot track after hot track and develop hundreds of artists..

And don't get me started on people here thinkin they are part of the DMV!
what's your opiniion on that? ever since Wale came down here people think Hampton Roads is part of the movement.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 PM

masta killa is my favorite wu next to RZA

YouTube - Masta Killa - Old Man (Feat. The Wu-Tang Clan)

YouTube - Winter Warz- most raw wu tang song ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City