Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 10:05 AM

515 posts, read 1,059,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I honestly would have to go with Jacksonville, Florida.

And Phoenix is in NO WAY boring, I did the same thing there that I did in San Jose, I went hiking, and it was a lot of fun. Especially because the terrain happens to be different.
Yep Jacksonville is boring but with it's location and nearby beaches you wouldn't think so. Anyway St. Augustine, a few miles to the south is nice.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,111,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Boston. All they do is be eat beans, talk funny and be jealous of NY.
That's funny. You posted in the Boston forum a few weeks ago stating you had never been to Boston, but your fam was planning a Vineyard/Boston vaca in Sept.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Jacksonv--

I don't need to finish it..

Old 07-02-2010, 11:07 PM

291 posts, read 752,261 times
Houston Texas. Spread out with no downtown or street life life to speak of, Too hot and humid to go out, Sawmpy sea life in nearby Galveston. No hipster or bohemian artsy neighborhoods to speak of.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 AM

103 posts, read 301,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphx View Post
Phoenix, Arizona and any city in Central Valley, California (Fresno, Bakersfield, Modesto) are easily the most boring cities in the Western Hemisphere. You could throw Salt Lake City in there as well.

What makes Phoenix so boring is that it is considered a large city, but really feels more like a giant suburban area. It's a city of neverending strip malls that all look the same, and it completely lacks in walkable neighborhoods. The music scene here (for me) completely sucks. Most of my favorite bands skip this area. There really is nothing to do here.

I lived in Fresno and I would just say it's a smaller version of Phoenix.

I have also lived in Missoula and Portland in the PacNW, and even though Missoula is a small town, it has a lot more going on than Fresno or Phoenix. Portland is unbeatable in this crowd, and easily my favorite city along with Seattle and San Francisco.
Phoenix is the most boring large city in the world. Its hot all year round with no type of night life. Between Tempe, Downtown, and Scottsdale u might have maybe 2 decent clubs. No live music scene, no sports bars.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
Houston Texas. Spread out with no downtown or street life life to speak of, Too hot and humid to go out, Sawmpy sea life in nearby Galveston. No hipster or bohemian artsy neighborhoods to speak of.
You sure about this?

Old 07-03-2010, 02:12 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknotion View Post
Phoenix is the most boring large city in the world. Its hot all year round with no type of night life. Between Tempe, Downtown, and Scottsdale u might have maybe 2 decent clubs. No live music scene, no sports bars.
Your post shows so much ignorance, so I'm just gonna say it. You don't know jack!

Old 07-03-2010, 03:49 PM

291 posts, read 752,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You sure about this?
Are there any? I lived there for 6 months and had to hang out in malls due to the huimdity and lack of 'hoods to hang out in.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:59 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Are there any? I lived there for 6 months and had to hang out in malls due to the huimdity and lack of 'hoods to hang out in.
Montrouse, Uptown, Rice Village.

There are plenty, I have seen way more boring than Houston, Texas before. It's a pretty fun city when you find out where to go and what to see.

Well like yeah obviously going to NASA is boring as hell- fun to see first time, boring everytime afterwards. But Moody Gardens, Kemah Boardwalk, Ferry to other islands with better beaches, the zoo's and aquariums, the historical architecture tours, the Waterwall, and there's plenty of other things one can list.

But I guess it depends where your coming from, from one of the most intriguing cities in the world like New York City, Houston can and will seem extremely dull.

As for downtown, I understand how you feel, they have the potential to be great- they've got amazing bars there and plenty to do, but they really do lack liveliness to make it great. However, you will see that slowly changing, more people moving in than before.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
No one is going to take your opinion serious than if that's all you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City