Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 AM

370 posts, read 1,012,495 times

Advertisements

Man you guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a bawww-fest about New York and Chicago restaurants. Last I heard restaurants weren't that unique. Start a thread about food if you like but lets find out what makes US cities unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 AM

331 posts, read 673,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric75 View Post
Man you guys turned what could have been an interesting thread into a bawww-fest about New York and Chicago restaurants. Last I heard restaurants weren't that unique. Start a thread about food if you like but lets find out what makes US cities unique.
I agree with the restaurants not being "unique", especially in nyc!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,681,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwanderer View Post
I've spent years of my life in nyc, I ain't wasting my breath with this anymore (atleast not with you).

I did a "poor job". Since when did grabbing a bite to eat become a job?

I was "terrible' at searching? Christ, I was hungry. I'd see a place, and I'd walk in. Was I suppose to call the NYTimes food critic everytime I got hungry?

The rest of the stuff you wrote, I don't even know how to respond. You just crawled out of some mountian jungle farmhouse, and you're worried about what an Omaha Steak has in it? Nutrition? My man, it's a piece of meat. You gonna eat it, or study it?.... Chemical flavor what? You bring a microscope to a steak house?....

Some people just have a knack for missing things.

It's okay if you don't know how to respond. You asked an inane question since you don't trust other people's tastes anyways, so the only response is a ridiculous objective answer.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:09 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,591,978 times
Honolulu,Hawaii is the only big city in the United States that you can't get to by car from the other states in the union.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM

370 posts, read 1,012,495 times
Well in hopes of getting a few other replies I'll repost my answer from earlier. Richmond offers Class IV whitewater rapids and rock climbing downtown and a ~12 mile single track mountain bike loop within city limits. I think there are probably a couple cities in CO that may have that as well, not sure. I would think NOLA would be the only major city below sea-level. What else? Any crazy laws or lack thereof?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,490,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian. View Post
I've even had Subway (sandwich) delivered when in Manhattan.
Whoa...first, why in the hell would you ever eat Subway if you were in New York City?!?! I can't stand that place and New York's pizza/sub shops are supposed to be superior to Boston's! Did you get some amazing, authentic NY pizza from Sbarro later in the night?!

Second, if you're visiting New York, why in the hell would you get delivery (delivery Subway no less!)?! Whenever I visit, I want to be walking around the city and enjoying the atmosphere.

You're the one talking about how everything is accesible in Manhattan within 100 ft of your door...so why wouldn't you walk around the city and experience the amazing streetscapes it has to offer?

Some of your reasoning boggles the mind.

Last edited by tmac9wr; 11-16-2009 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,196,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Cleveland is unique for watching water burn.
The Cuyahoga river caught on fire once.
Thankfully that river has been cleaned up.
But it was something that made Cleveland famous for what no other city had. A river on fire.
You could roast your weiner over water.
And with some stadium mustard it wasn't bad.
lol! I love this comment! I can't believe this got overlooked. Cleveland has river fires. Baltimore puts cloths on trees. There are some really corky towns up north.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,490,539 times
As far as unique areas that nowhere else in the country can offer, the North End in Boston comes to mind...

Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,789,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It's good to be a parking meter in Cleveland Heights...

IMG_7591 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16268463@N00/4017129112/ - broken link)
That's no tree!

Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 PM

331 posts, read 673,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Whoa...first, why in the hell would you ever eat Subway if you were in New York City?!?! I can't stand that place and New York's pizza/sub shops are supposed to be superior to Boston's! Did you get some amazing, authentic NY pizza from Sbarro later in the night?!

Second, if you're visiting New York, why in the hell would you get delivery (delivery Subway no less!)?! Whenever I visit, I want to be walking around the city and enjoying the atmosphere.

You're the one talking about how everything is accesible in Manhattan within 100 ft of your door...so why wouldn't you walk around the city and experience the amazing streetscapes it has to offer?

Some of your reasoning boggles the mind.
EXACTLY! I asked him the same thing, an said the same stuff! He then said the "Subway sandwich" was for his dog.....

Who would have a "Subway" sandwich delivered?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City