Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Minneapolis 139 37.67%
Seattle 230 62.33%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:05 PM

635 posts, read 1,510,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
If you're going to call someone an idiot, generally speaking it's a good idea to do so with decent grammar and spelling. Otherwise the only thing you accomplish is to embarrass yourself.

And yet the facts don't agree. Don't let the door.

Seattle Climate Data - Monthly Summary.
ooooooooo good job talking about proper grammer and spelling to a guy who posts on his phone. Fact it rained here yesterday, fact you just proved my point about terrible weather. Great job! I live here everyone that i know from here will agree with me this rain is a constant thing no matter how you care to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:52 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,651,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
ooooooooo good job talking about proper grammer and spelling to a guy who posts on his phone.
Oh, so your grammar and spelling are the fault of the phone? Hilarious.

Quote:
Fact it rained here yesterday, fact you just proved my point about terrible weather.
Ummmm no. You claimed that there has not been a spell of 7 straight days without rain since you got to Seattle 2 and 1/2 years ago. Which is clearly not the case according to the facts.

Feel free to post something factual to support your argument. But the facts prove you're wrong.

Quote:
Great job! I live here everyone that i know from here will agree with me this rain is a constant thing no matter how you care to look at it.
Ummm no.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
Quote:
...hell no and falls don't exist here thats a joke.
Oh please!! Falls in Seattle are awesome!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
ooooooooo good job talking about proper grammer and spelling to a guy who posts on his phone. Fact it rained here yesterday, fact you just proved my point about terrible weather. Great job! I live here everyone that i know from here will agree with me this rain is a constant thing no matter how you care to look at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Oh, so your grammar and spelling are the fault of the phone? Hilarious.

Ummmm no. You claimed that there has not been a spell of 7 straight days without rain since you got to Seattle 2 and 1/2 years ago. Which is clearly not the case according to the facts.

Feel free to post something factual to support your argument. But the facts prove you're wrong.

Ummm no.
Cute, you do realize the partly cloudy/ partly sunny reports had rain still right? oh goodness you thought you had something there. You know what? I'm going to keep a TRULY acurate log for you. Thats so funny, you seriously thought those days it didn't rain? Bless your heart.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Oh please!! Falls in Seattle are awesome!
false statement. That really is a sad attempt to convince me, someone who has experienced real falls, that the poor excuse off a season you have here is "awesome". Smh

Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 AM

Ok you really want to fight this alright. Seattle by technicality does not receive more rain annually than most major cities east of the Mississippi, however the MAJORITY of days in this state it rains. I understand that rain to a person from Seattle is different than mine, so it "drizzles". Is that better? Is that phrased more appropriately for you? It has not once, in the 2 1/2 years I've been forced to live in this wretched city, not gone a week without at least drizzling. There, now that there can be no doubt about whether I'm right due to the fact that there really hasn't been,lets move on. Summer, the 3 weeks of what you call "summer", are not even close to the best in the nation as someone tried to say earlier. Fall, no, really it is the EVERGREEN state for a reason, what you consider fall pales to comparison to anything I have experienced in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, even Georgia, but you are entitled to your own opinion, i won't fight that. The rain and grey skies are not something I will let someone downplay, it is a major factor for my hatred for this reason. I like the views its a beautiful state, when you can see them, which isn't very often. But I would definitely take a harsh winter over a year long drizzle with occasional sunny weather.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:29 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
Quote:
false statement. That really is a sad attempt to convince me, someone who has experienced real falls, that the poor excuse off a season you have here is "awesome". Smh
Lol!! I've spent 13 falls in Seattle. I know exactly what fall is like in Seattle.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Lol!! I've spent 13 falls in Seattle. I know exactly what fall is like in Seattle.
Lol!!, Read my most recent post.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,651,227 times
Quote:
Cute, you do realize the partly cloudy/ partly sunny reports had rain still right?
Ummm no. Certainly that's a possibility, but the two are not synonymous. You need to look up the word "precipitation". And then go back and look at the weather records. That's why they added a precipitation record to the chart I provided for you.

And while you're at it. Look up partly cloudy and partly sunny. You'll see no mention of rain.

Quote:
oh goodness you thought you had something there.

Quote:
You know what? I'm going to keep a TRULY acurate log for you.
Why not just look them up online? Oh wait, because the truth won't work for you.

Quote:
Thats so funny, you seriously thought those days it didn't rain? Bless your heart.
Neither did the National Weather Service. But then, what do they know?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
um idiot look outside at the fing sky its like seconds from raining now and this is one of ther better days so far in the year. The summer thing, the 3 fing weeks of summer are supposed to be the best in the nation? Come on no way in hell. The Fall? Their called evergreens for a reason theres really no fall and you can't go a week without rain really I'm the 2 1/2 years I've lived in seattle I have not gone 1 whole week without rain so tell me my personal experience is wrong, come on? that is more than any state i have ever been in. So no not trolling telling the truth so as not to lead people astray.
Your experience is wrong...or you don't as you claim live in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City