Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 11:27 AM

313 posts, read 355,243 times

Advertisements

Urban Dictionary: New York City and Long island

You find this bull**** on the internet.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,802,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceisforAce View Post
Come on, LI has a stigma around NYC just as much as Jersey and Upstate do. They all have stigmas and stereotypes and "can do withouts" on eachother.

I find it HILARIOUS that any other time, LI should just separate from the city and float into the ocean, but when it comes to beaches, in a losing battle mind you, NYC reaches out for its advantage.

Cant. Have it. Both. Ways.
Are you ten years old? In grown up circles LI has ALWAYS been a destination for New Yorkers who wanted a house with some yard for their family. In grown up circles nobody trashes Long Island but everybody takes advantage of beautiful beaches and picturesque gataways like Montauk. What are you talking about? Urban dictionary? That's for ten years olds.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,874,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Nobody? Plenty of these "nobodies" dream about a house in the Hamptons and almost everybody goes to the beach in LI...
"almost everybody", eh?

Everybody would be around 8,000,000 New York City residents going to Long Island for the beach.

But you said *ALMOST* everybody.

Does that mean 7,000,000 NYers hit up Long Island once a year (which I think would be a continent for people going to a beach... once a year)?

Or is it 6,000,000?
5 million?
4 million?

Anything less than 4 million New York City residents visiting Long Island for their beaches at least once a year is not "almost everybody". That would be less than half... and less than half is not "almost everybody".

I will put myself on the line here and *GUESS* that at least HALF of Chicago's population visits a beach INSIDE CHICAGO in a given year.

Quick question, where do you find this in New York City?:

1.7-million-at-Chicago-Air-and-Water-Show, - Chicago Sun-Times

I may be ignorant and not know, so feel free to enlighten me.

And when I am sufficiently enlightened watch this video:

RideAlong! - F/A-18F Super Hornet - Chicago Air and Water Show 2011 (WSO Helmet Cam) - YouTube

and tell me where or when NEW YORK CITY has such an event, that is free, and draws that many people.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Are you ten years old? In grown up circles LI has ALWAYS been a destination for New Yorkers who wanted a house with some yard for their family. In grown up circles nobody trashes Long Island but everybody takes advantage of beautiful beaches and picturesque gataways like Montauk. What are you talking about? Urban dictionary? That's for ten years olds.

Yes, tens years olds! You sound like Borat.

Might I add, your grammar and spelling isnt making your already ridiculous case any stronger.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:

The sentiment towards LI and other places is not favorable, whatsoever. I have friends, family, college friends, etc. from everywhere in the tri-state area. I grew up all over the area.

Dude, your point is already ridiculous as it is, just give up. You lost.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
Quick question, where do you find this in New York City?:

I may be ignorant and not know, so feel free to enlighten me.

And when I am sufficiently enlightened watch this video:

and tell me where or when NEW YORK CITY has such an event, that is free, and draws that many people.
What? Just 1.7million? Even Macy's Thanksgiving parade brings about 3.5 million people... ROTFL

Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
There is nothing like that but do you really want to compare Chicago events with New York events?
Really? Even Macy's Thanksgiving parade brings 3 million people.
What do you want to compare here?

Come on dude, youre using a tacky ****ing parade as reason why NYC is "bigger event"?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM

If I was Chicago id be ****ing relieved we didnt have it.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
The sentiment towards LI and other places is not favorable, whatsoever. I have friends, family, college friends, etc. from everywhere in the tri-state area. I grew up all over the area.

Dude, your point is already ridiculous as it is, just give up. You lost.
I am just asking you again. Are you ten years old? No grown ups have any attitudes toward Long Island.
You don't put somebody down because they live in Glen Cove or Southhampton.
Billy Joel and Howard Stern live in Long Island. Are you crazy?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Come on dude, youre using a tacky ****ing parade as reason why NYC is "bigger event"?
No, kid, I am just showing you that even a parade designed for kids brings more people than all of Chicago residents ROTFL . Were you trying to impress me with 1.7 million?
Of course there are bigger events in New York, it is after all three times bigger than Chicago ROTFL

Here is your airshow, every city in America has one

2012 New York Airshow will be held on May 26 & 27, 2012.

Last edited by rebel12; 07-18-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City