Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dytdude View Post
They are nice, but their "collective beauty" shall I say is over-rated..Pretty much the same assesment can be made about the Atlanta metro itself...lol...

for every beautiful woman there is an ugly mud-duck right around the corner....usually, the"friend" of the beautiful woman...LOL
I agree there are plenty of unattractive women in Atlanta but I have traveled to many cities and I honestly dont understand how anyone can say Atlanta doesn't have way more than it's fair share of gorgeous women unless they just have way different tatste.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I agree there are plenty of unattractive women in Atlanta but I have traveled to many cities and I honestly dont understand how anyone can say Atlanta doesn't have way more than it's fair share of gorgeous women unless they just have way different tatste.
i can honestly say that in the times i've been to atlanta, i did see a lot of very "put together" women, but i didn't see an unusually higher amount of NATURALLY beautiful women than i've seen elsewhere

atlanta has the ciara's, but in texas we got the beyonce's

Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i can honestly say that in the times i've been to atlanta, i did see a lot of very "put together" women, but i didn't see an unusually higher amount of NATURALLY beautiful women than i've seen elsewhere

actually Texas has the Ciara's too...Ciara is originally from Austin

Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
actually Texas has the Ciara's too...Ciara is originally from Austin
She was born in Austin; her father was in the military which involved her traveling a lot.

I'd say Keri Hilson is very beautiful and exotic looking.

Dallas black women are more plain jane than Atlanta women imo.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
She was born in Austin; her father was in the military which involved her traveling a lot.

I'd say Keri Hilson is very beautiful and exotic looking. Dallas women are more plain jane than Atlanta women imo.

I go ape sh_it over some Ms. Keri...but I agree..I think Dallas people in general are more plain jane than Atlanta people..they are woefully behind the times fashionwise as well.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
lol i don't know WHERE you two been looking, cause dallas sho nuff got some fine black women up there. and they aren't any less fashionable than women in houston

someone mustve told yall wrong

Old 01-23-2010, 02:28 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
lol i don't know WHERE you two been looking, cause dallas sho nuff got some fine black women up there. and they aren't any less fashionable than women in houston

someone mustve told yall wrong
I never said Dallas didn't have fine women, but from what I've seen from the ATL; they seem more fashionable and on average look better. Blacks in Houston dress better than blacks in Dallas and also Houston would be good competition for ATL when it comes to fine black women.

The creole/cajun culture is quite big here in Houston. Beyonce isn't the best Houston has to offer. That alone should tell you something.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:30 PM

200 posts, read 449,195 times
Quote:

BINGO...I find that alot of women in Atlanta are plastic and put together...fake...they dont call it black Hollywood for nothing...

Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM

200 posts, read 449,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I'm just saying that they're demographically similar. Mostly Black middle class neighborhoods, not quite as glamourous as their northern suburb counterparts, but there are nice neighborhoods there. I guess you have a problem with that, given your uneccesary "yuck" comment.

However, I think that Stone Mtn has some rougher parts than Best Southwest. I personally wouldn't live in Jonesboro/Riverdale either.

I think that SW Fulton County/Camp Creek area west of I-285 is nicer than Stone Mtn and Lithonia. Maybe that is a better comparison to at least Cedar Hill/DeSoto
I have lived in Stone Mountain and they have better areas and rougher areas...But you are right the neighborhoods arent as "glamorous" as the duluths/alpharettas...Maybe i was being a bit too harsh...

Same goes for Jonesboro/Riverdale..they arent really BAD areas...but they have their "hood" contingent.

I definately agree with you in that SW Fulton/Camp Creek is nicer than Stone Mtn/ Lithonia...and seem to have more of "professional" contingent..

Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I never said Dallas didn't have fine women, but from what I've seen from the ATL; they seem more fashionable and on average look better. Blacks in Houston dress better than blacks in Dallas and also Houston would be good competition for ATL when it comes to fine black women.

The creole/cajun culture is quite big here in Houston. Beyonce isn't the best Houston has to offer. That alone should tell you something.
just google Maliah Michel and that will prove that Beyonce isn't the best Houston has to offer. Oh and Maliah isn't the best Houston has to offer either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City