Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM

203 posts, read 689,543 times

Advertisements

When I say say insecure..which state cares more about the other and feels overmatched at times ?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:26 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,009 times
Based on this forum, hands down New York

New york has been the 3rd state in importance for awhile now and you can see the short mans complex from some people up that way

California knows it is the most important state and you hardly ever see their posters needing to put down other states to feel better

Old 12-23-2009, 12:37 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,824,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Based on this forum, hands down New York

New york has been the 3rd state in importance for awhile now and you can see the short mans complex from some people up that way

California knows it is the most important state and you hardly ever see their posters needing to put down other states to feel better
Dead on

Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
When I say say insecure..which state cares more about the other and feels overmatched at times ?
New York. I feel New Yorkers can accept the fact that California is on a higher level, but the though of Texas being their equal or even higher gives them nightmares.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:43 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,373,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
New York. I feel New Yorkers can accept the fact that California is on a higher level, but the though of Texas being their equal or even higher gives them nightmares.
+1!

Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,738,864 times
lol @ ny feeling overmatched. how? really, tho?? i'm intrigued.

we have many, many threads about or against ny. we're expected to do full book reports to debate with any and everybody from many places around the country on CD. its like 4234234234 against 15. right now there are ten different threads on the first page alone that focus on nyc vs ________. yet we are insecure?

do you know how many ppl post daily about moving to ny? is ny safe? coming to ny what should i bring? is __ train safe at ___ in the night? coming from england, can't wait to get to ny! is it hard to move from scotland to ny? etc. etc.

we aren't worried about a thing and lol at texas competing with ny. cali is second or third depending on who you ask...depends on if we're talking about state or cities, etc.) and always will be. texas is lucky to be third...might wanna holla at chicago about that one houston.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:17 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,824,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

we have many, many threads about or against ny. we're expected to do full book reports to debate with any and everybody from many places around the country on CD. its like 4234234234 against 15. right now there are ten different threads on the first page alone that focus on nyc vs ________. yet we are insecure?

do you know how many ppl post daily about moving to ny? is ny safe? coming to ny what should i bring? is __ train safe at ___ in the night? coming from england, can't wait to get to ny! is it hard to move from scotland to ny? etc. etc.

we aren't worried about a thing and lol at texas competing with ny. cali is second or third depending on who you ask...depends on if we're talking about state or cities, etc.) and always will be. texas is lucky to be third...might wanna holla at chicago about that one houston.
Yet NYers are on here go to the extent to bash places and compare places in attempts to better boost NYC's ratings.

Other than that, I agree with you.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,677,908 times
Quote:
Did you know there are other forums where people ask those same type of questions? One of them being CA. I'm not sure what that matters either way.
Quote:
cali is second or third depending on who you ask
correct, it only depends on whether or not you're asking a C-D New Yorker though.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:

Only a person who is misinformed or being biased would place NY over CA. NY has the 3rd highest GDP after TX and NY. TX and CA have a much more diverse economy compared to NY. I don't see how NY ranks ahead of either one; I'd place it even with TX. When it comes to this particular subject; it's really not debatable.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM

672 posts, read 1,790,226 times
CA has nothing to be insecure about. How is possible to go any higher than #1? It's well documented, so don't go there.

NY on the other hand has to worry about TX, which has already passed NY economically. NY should also be more worried that it doesn't get passed up for #3 by IL or FL, which I don't think will happen but I think it proves my point.

And to keep harping its number 1 doesn't make it so. Why can't you just be happy with being #2 or arguably, #3?

If CA was #3 I'd be totally fine with it, but oh well because it's not.

I understand state pride. I get it, but damn sometimes you take it too far.

Last edited by Rhymes with Best Coast; 12-23-2009 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City