Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 PM

160 posts, read 498,834 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna stop replying to this thead soon, the irony of this all is that i was born on the Upper East Side but moved to NJ and lived there for several years

At the end of the day who cares, we're all one metro area and our cities have an influence on each other whether we like it or not

Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
None of those counties are as influential to their respective cultures as the boroughs are. This is something that i should have brought up earlier and it completely trumps new jersey.

The only thing that can compare is the west coast and miami. Not new jersey. NYCs boroughs serve as a great cultural hot spot for all the world cultures ive mentioned. Jersey absolutely does not have anything like queens in your state
HOLY CRAP YOU'RE IGNORANT!

Contemporary immigrants settle predominantly in seven states: California, New York, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Illinois.These are all high foreign-born population states, together comprising about 44% of the U.S. population as a whole. The combined total immigrant population of these seven states is much higher than what would be proportional, with 70% of the total foreign-born population as of 2000. Of those who immigrated between 2000 and 2005, 58% were from Latin America
~
New Jersey is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse states in the country. It has the second largest Jewish population by percentage (after New York);the second largest Muslim population by percent (after Michigan); The largest population of people from Costa Rica in the United States; the largest population of Cubans outside of Florida; the third highest Asian population by percent; the third highest Italian population by percent according to the 2000 Census; and a majority of the population is Caucasian. African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos, and Arabs are also high in number. It has the third highest Indian population of any state by absolute numbers.Also, it has the third largest Korean population, fourth largest Filipino population, and fifth largest Chinese population. The five largest ethnic groups are: Italian (17.9%), Irish (15.9%), African (13.6%), German (12.6%), Polish (6.9%).

Quote:
Jersey absolutely does not have anything like queens in your state

Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Mambo Dance History

Mambo dance started in Cuba

Old 01-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
BPerone, nice graphs, but you forgot to mention that Jersey City is a tiny part of New Jersey, a little over 200K while Queens is 2.2M giant, the fourth most densely populated county in the US after Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. Of course I could find a tiny 200K part of Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx that is even more diverse... Try to have a 2.2M city that is as diverse as Queens... Ooops, both big JErsey cities, Jersey City and Newark even combined are less populous than Queens. In case you wonder Brooklyn and the Bronx are bigger, too.
By tghe way, no way New Jersey shares its culture with New York, if it did, Manhattan would have large, dense cities on both of its sides.. Does it? No, on side there is this hugem extremjely dense 6.5M city and on the other? Endless suburbia.

Stop embarassing yourself, New Jersey... . Dismissed.
I smell a duplicate account. (possibly KONY, I may be wrong)
But 1st post.. really?

Talk about embarrassing! There's no one to help back you up, so you back up for yourself, New Yorker ...

~
But to argue your point. Queens is a county, Jersey City is a city. How about picking out a neighborhood the size of JC and see if the diversity can compare.
Even if we started comparing the diversity amongst NJ's counties (which is a bit more of a fair comparison) and the boroughs, NJ's counties would still be strong competitors. (They may not all be winners, but it proves you wrong none the less)

NJ's 4 main NYC metropolitan counties- Population= 2,679,712

~

The 4 outer boroughs- Population= 6,826,515

Last edited by BPerone201; 01-04-2010 at 07:56 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I smell a duplicate account. (possibly KONY, I may be wrong)
But 1st post.. really?

Talk about embarrassing! There's no one to help back you up, so you back up for yourself, New Yorker ...
Me too lol

A 'hugem' city of 6.5 mil? Wonder where that one is...

Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 3,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

~
But to argue your point. Queens is a county, Jersey City is a city. How about picking out a neighborhood the size of JC and see if the diversity can compare.
Even if we started comparing the diversity amongst NJ's counties (which is a bit more of a fair comparison) and the boroughs, NJ's counties would still be strong competitors. (They may not all be winners, but it proves you wrong none the less)

NJ's 4 main NYC metropolitan counties- Population= 2,679,712
The 4 outer boroughs- Population= 6,826,515
I told you I can pick a neighborhood in Flushing that would blow your diverse Jersey City out of the water...

Anyways, this is city-data, you can make more claims so folks from Texas and Nebraska will think that on the wrong side of Hudson there is this big urban wonder very similar to New York City.... But we all know that on one side of Manhattan you have this 6.5M strong, superbig, superdense, diverse and thriving city and on the other side.... bleak suburbia. In some locations very rich, in some very clean but as it as always the case with suburbia, pretty bland and uninspiring.

Kids from the burbs have always been trying to emulate and play city-tough, you are not the first not the last, but it does not take much to show you where you belong. We'll see you in the city. Don't forget to pay the toll. Cheers.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 PM

160 posts, read 498,834 times
Quote:
I told you I can pick a neighborhood in Flushing that would blow your diverse Jersey City out of the water...

Anyways, this is city-data, you can make more claims so folks from Texas and Nebraska will think that on the wrong side of Hudson there is this big urban wonder very similar to New York City.... But we all know that on one side of Manhattan you have this 6.5M strong, superbig, superdense, diverse and thriving city and on the other side.... bleak suburbia. In some locations very rich, in some very clean but as it as always the case with suburbia, pretty bland and uninspiring.

Kids from the burbs have always been trying to emulate and play city-tough, you are not the first not the last, but it does not take much to show you where you belong. We'll see you in the city. Cheers.
Suburbia:

Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Anyways, this is city-data, you can make more claims so folks from Texas and Nebraska will think that on the wrong side of Hudson there is this big urban wonder very similar to New York City....
You just gave yourself away!
Come up with other states so you can mask you multiple account trolling. You used Texas & Nebraska already under another name.
So lame...................................
I'm done with this NY troll thread.
Again, lame.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:

Kids from the burbs have always been trying to emulate and play city-tough, you are not the first not the last, but it does not take much to show you where you belong. We'll see you in the city. Don't forget to pay the toll. Cheers.
Ok KONY, whatever you say.
You're referring to me as the kid who tries to emulate and play city-tough? I lived in Trenton, NJ and Troy, NY both for 2 years (both gritty places), Hackensack is no sweet suburb either. (it has the highest crime in Bergen County, though still under national average thankfully ) You just pretty much ignorantly judged me.

A lot of NJ suburbs are more dense than almost all American cities, and Newark, Jersey City, and Paterson are among the densest US cities in America.
2000 Census: US Municipalities Over 50,000: Ranked by 2000 Density

Anyway, I think i'm sensing some hostility come from your newly made account. I don't want to have to further embarrass you, so I'll leave you here to sit here in your own mess.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You posted youtube videos as I expected you would.

Show me where kids in Kosovo are calling each other god and so on.

That is what I was saying.
you wanted a kosovo wu rapper and i gave you one. you want to hear skits and all that cop the album or d/l the album off the net. find a torrent. i already did half your homework for you.

stop moving goal posts.

you could see in the vids where europeans were influenced by nyers. again, cilvaringz himself, from the netherlands by way of north africa, learned to speak english from listening to wu tang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City