Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
While CU is a good school and usually makes the list of "public ivies," check out the tuition first for out of state. For the price you pay for out of state, I think there's better schools, including a lot of private universities you could consider.
Public Ivys?! It's currently tied for the #34 public university in the nation...at least it's better than Oregon though, which is ranked #57.

Both are good schools, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Public Ivys would probably be limited to Michigan, UVA, UNC, Washington, UCLA, and Cal-Berkley at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 AM

631 posts, read 1,574,934 times
Boulder is cold during the winters and hot during the summers. It's dry but does receive a good modicum of rain. Yes it's more costly but CU-Boulder IS IN FACT a world renown university for education quality. As far as the job market you're more likely to find a job in the Boulder area than you are in Oregon from what I've heard. The art scene in the Denver area is pretty huge, plus with all the local stuff going on (the nearby city of Longmont hosts a weekly 'Art Walk' downtown during the summer). If you do in fact chose Boulder if you can avoid it DON'T LIVE THERE! Live in one of the surrounding cities like Longmont or Broomfield where the COL isn't as high and the new developments are still relatively new (within the past 4 years). Boulder has become somewhat stagnant...and like it's been said, Boulder = INCREDIBLY political. Now I've never been to Oregon so I can't really say anything there, but I hope this helps.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:02 AM

4 posts, read 26,687 times
Thanks to everyone for posting! I'm loving the information. It's like watching a national debate with thousands of random participants sharing their view. <3 PLEASE feel free to keep adding to the pile, should you have anything to add.

Eon-Krate32, GREAT advice to look into Boulder's surrounding cities. Are there any specifics (other than the ones you mentioned) that I could look into which aren't terrible as far as a commute would be concerned?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM

726 posts, read 2,147,276 times
Also there's so many Texans in Colorado you'll probably never feel homesick. Seriously though my one friend moved to the area from the East Coast and he said his allergies which were severe, went almost completely away.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,684 times
FUN! I have the very same dilemma... The two cultures seem similer to me in the their unique focus on Education, health, and environmental conservation; althogh I've never been to Boulder. I'm living temperarely in South florida, witch minus the extra vitamin D, Sucks making orgeon seem like a fairytale in comparison. Though I've lived in Eugene for the better part of my life I was hoping Boulder would have more Sun and less of a Drug problem. I love Eugene very much and know self sustainability is possible in Oregon thanks to its "anything Grows" climate, a concern I have about Boulder... hmm .. well, My advice to you would be to go to school in Eugene. The city is made for students and I wish I could've gone to the UofO personally (more than those few dance classes I attended). .. plus unlike colorado you can at least hike all year round and one thing for sure are the quirky and amazing ppl you'll befriend.. "Oregon is more laid back than Boulder".. is the coparrision that I hear the most .. good luck

Old 01-11-2015, 02:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,684 times
Oh and if u do decide on Orgeon, if I may suggest one thing.. please take at Least 5000 iu of D3 daily..as well as a Maca, rhodiola,spirulina or some mood support or booster. that darkness will get to anyone Though conducive for studying..

Old 01-11-2015, 11:18 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b12o2 View Post
Oh and if u do decide on Orgeon, if I may suggest one thing.. please take at Least 5000 iu of D3 daily..as well as a Maca, rhodiola,spirulina or some mood support or booster. that darkness will get to anyone Though conducive for studying..
Hopefully they have graduated by now regardless of which place they went.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Personally, I wouldn't want to live in either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City