Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 01:03 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,915,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Or, because Miami could be considered relatively uninhabitable by many "traditional families" that seek good schools, low crime and cohesive neighborhoods with children present....

This is my sad attempt at reviving my thread I created while tipsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
Better to live: Denver, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, and Dallas

Better to visit: Orlando, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Miami, and NYC

Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 PM

72 posts, read 97,434 times
Best cities to live: Any city with a low cost of living, and nice weather. Nice weather is "subjective", but since I hate the cold that would eliminate many low cost areas in the north.

Best cities to visit:
1. Las Vegas (which would also fall into my best to live category).
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. New Orleans
5. Honolulu

Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 PM

14 posts, read 25,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Better to Visit:
1. Las Vegas
2. New Orleans
3. San Diego
4. New York
5. Miami

Better to Live in:
1. Indianapolis
2. Minneapolis/St. Paul
3. Pittsburgh
4. Sacramento
5. Portland
I would pretty much switch this whole list around so that the better citys to visit would be the best citys to live..but thats just me..

Better to Visit: in no order
1. Portland & Seattle (i can't stress this enough...unbeatable summers, BUT it seems that you dont get the full appreciation of them when you live there year round though, pretty much sucks if you live there! It sure is tempting though!)
2. San Francisco (cool, cool, cool city..an awesome city to tear up the town)
3. Sacramento (some cool natural surroundings, nice capitol, a downtown that could get old if you lived there...)
4. New York (HUGE and BADASS + pretty much same as description as SF)
5. Houston (cool big city, somethings missing though in order for me to live there)

Better to Live: in no order
1. Las Vegas (i don't care what other people say about it, it's my favorite, can't wait to move back)
2. Miami [Beach] (amazing scenery, beautiful people, extraordinary nightlife, sexy feel, watch yourself though )
3. San Diego (beautiful, better home living than SF, more space to rome around in, etc)
4. Austin/San Antonio (good cities for Texas, good vibes, nice music/nightlife scenes)
5. L.A (..with exceptions of traffic, ghetto areas, smog, etc., L.A.'s a big deal, if you can make it big there, you're pretty much set for life)

Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 AM

161 posts, read 699,466 times
I'd actually say New York is a city it's better to live in then visit. Sure it's expensive, but if you do your homework you can find a very nice house in a very nice part of town for a very decent cost. Cities like New York, London, Paris, people love travel to them to see the sites (Empire State Building, Central Park, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, etc.), but what makes these cities the most amazing in the world are the seemingly endless number of terrific sites the tourists don't often venture to (Prospect Park, Flushing, Hempstead Heath, Dalston, 11th Arondissement, Bois de Boulogne, and many many more). The perk to living in these cities is that if you want, you can go see the famous sites whenever you want, but you can do the same with the places few tourists travel to.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times
Better to visit: Miami, Philly, DC, New Orleans (only because hurrican Katrina )
Better to live: Orlando, Boston, Houston, Phoenix, Tampa and many more

Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,574 times
Better to visit: NYC, SF, Miami, DC, New Orleans
Better to live: NYC (again), LA, Orlando, Seattle, and all Texas cities are defenitely liveable

Old 03-21-2010, 04:46 PM

631 posts, read 1,575,242 times
My five to visit:
Las Vegas
DC
NYC
Chicago
San Fransisco

My five to live:
Denver
Dallas
Tulsa
Jacksonville
Baltimore

Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Better to
visit:Memphis
live:Knoxville

Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Better to visit:

1) Vegas
2) Miami
3) New Orleans
4) San Francisco
5) Memphis

To live:

1) Dallas
2) Atlanta
3) Houston
4) Denver
5) Los Angeles

Depends on certain personal factors (potential income, tolerance of crowds, weather, etc.):

1) NYC
2) DC
3) Chicago
4) Phoenix
5) Orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City