Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Many people don't ever ask you this question on CD, at least not straight up they don't, but I want too ask everyone who cares to respond.

People make threads all the time to compare cities, and basically it turns into a thread where people bash each other and their respective cities.

This is what my thread is all about;

What are your top 10 favorite cities?

Based solely on your opinion, and please give a reason why the number one city on your list is your favorite and why the number 10 city on your list is last.

Do NOT bash other people for their opinions on here, I don't want to see another North Vs. South thread, Northeast Vs. West Coast thread, or Northeast Vs. Midwest thread.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, please don't bash any cities on here.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,390,488 times
cant really elaborate since I am at the airport typing this on my iphone

1. NYC - Greatest city in the world, imo
2. Chicago - my Home town
3. Philadelphia - Just love this city for some reason
4. DC - My home for the last year
5. Boston - lots of family there
6. Miami - South Beach!
7. SF - Dont know the city too well, but love what I have seen
8. LA - Really under rated on CD, but a great city
9. Minneapolis - Brutal winters, but some of the best summers in the US
10. Baltimore - Really lives in DC's shadow, but is a awesome city!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
1 Philadelpha - (Home town but really do like it and have lived in other cities; and is a great city plus my home and my family is here)
2 Chicago - Big Brash and even a little bit friendly - just feels like America to me
3 NYC - is what it is
4 Boston - Philly-like and great bay setting and neighborhoods
5 San Fran - see Boston but think west coast and closer to Tuscany
6 Charleston SC - small yet comfortable - a little southern charm and great architecture and core
7 New Orleans - Food music culture, most unique US city
8 San Diego - Ground hog day for pefect weather and La Jolla too
9 DC - Really dot to know the city and love it when I lived there
10 Seattle - but its really Vancouver so this was my US choice - great city too

on my list; sans Chicago and i could make a case for Chicago all coastal cities; just my preferance

Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,068,152 times
NYC
Boston
Chicago
Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Charleston
Savannah
San Diego
Austin

Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,213 times
1) Krakow, Poland
2) Paris
3) NYC
4) Chicago
5) Vienna
6) Kiev, Ukraine
7) Ljubljana, Slovenia
8) Mexico City
9) San Fran
10) Prague

I went to Krakow in '95 while travelling around Europe (while it was still fresh out of communism and not a tourism hotspot) and fell in love with the city. So much that I returned a couple years later, got a job and an apartment, and stayed there for 5 years.

As for the number 10 city, I guess Prague and Krakow have a lot in common. I really like the vibe of central European cities with their beautiful main squares, great beer, castles close to downtown, and gorgeous women.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 AM

443 posts, read 1,345,929 times
1) Santa Fe, New Mexico - best all-around climate in US (for 4 seasons), amazing outdoor opportunities, unique culture and funky vibe...great restaurants
2) Boulder, Colorado - same as Santa Fe but a little colder and too close to Denver for my #1
3) Austin, Texas - much bigger than #1 or #2 but great city with lots to offer culturally and outdoors (for Texas), climate is ok for 7 months or so.
4) Flagstaff, Arizona - beautiful smaller city set against the San Francisco mountains and only 1 1/2 hours from Grand Canyon...unlimited outdoor options, great 4 season climate, college town atmosphere
5) Fort Worth, Texas - another great Texas city...funky western vibe, vibrant, walkable downtown
6) Shiner, Texas - my favorite small (less than 10k people) town in Texas. Shiner beer is brewed here..quaint small town with restored downtown, surprisingly good restaurants and old school soda fountains set in rolling hills of the south texas coastal plain
7) Port Aransas, Texas
8) Taos, New Mexico
9) La Grange, Texas
10) Bishop, California

What can I say, I'm a "small" town guy...

Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,878,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
This is what my thread is all about;

What are your top 10 favorite cities?

Sorry, but if you read the sticky at the top of the forum, you should do a search beforehand to make sure there aren't other threads that are the same (or close) before starting a new one.

First, your title "the big question" is misleading as to the nature of the topic, and once someone opens it, you are asking for people's top 10 favorite cities. You list no specific criteria to compare, plus this topic has been covered in multiple variations before. Please read up on the room sticky for the posting guidelines for clarification: //www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City