Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,103,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
A) Orlando lacks foods specific to Orlando: Orlando has restaurants that serve Alligator, I don't know of many places outside of Orlando even in other parts of Florida that have this.
B) Orlando lacks a plethora of mom and pop type places: While its not the diner mentality of the Northeast Orlando certainly has a large selection of 'independent' restaurants or small local chains.
C) Orlando does have too many chains, I hate chains, but we also have a ton of non chain restaurants. And another thing to consider is that a lot of those chains started in Orlando. So in a sense they're local businesses.

If you want to say Buffalo has better wings, diners, burger joints... I could easily see that being true. But you were the one stating "all encompassing" I hardly see how the american diner and sports bar is really all encompassing.
I can get Alligator here in KY, I can also get squirrel and rattlesnake. I can go eat goat, fois gras, whatever I want, we've got a LOT

Buffalo has awesome restaurants though, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 PM

419 posts, read 447,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I can get Alligator here in KY, I can also get squirrel and rattlesnake. I can go eat goat, fois gras, whatever I want, we've got a LOT

Buffalo has awesome restaurants though, I agree.
I got a monkey meat hook up.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM

51 posts, read 245,883 times
The top two vacation spots in the United States are Vegas and Orlando. As far as I know, people pick places where they can enjoy themselves. Sin City... Happiest Place on Earth...

I would say most fun cities would be Orlando, Vegas, New Orleans, NYC, Miami, Phoenix, Chicago, San Antonio

I haven't been to CA, but I imagine LA, San Francisco, San Diego and others would be fun places.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 PM

419 posts, read 447,949 times
But the problem is, majority of us working folk don't spend 9-5 going to all you can eat buffets, big honkin theme parks, floating down a lazy river all day, watching fire work shows at night, and getting our picture with Mickey every day. Most people go away for a week a year to get it all done with at once. We all know people who live in those cities also live the 9-5 work weeks also, and home for seinfeld re-runs like the rest of us, but just at a higher cost.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM

132 posts, read 390,305 times
Why the freak is memphis so low.Stupid list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City