Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is more diverse?
San Francisco Bay Area 52 40.31%
Tri-State Area 77 59.69%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:03 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

Folks, when I was talking about diversity, I meant everything. Food, People, Ethnic enclaves, etc...

You realize that does include Lesbians, Gay, Straight, and Bisexuals too, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
I think the main thing that has to be said is that The Bay Area has all of it's races represented, but The Tri-State has more ethnicities represented within the race. For example, say the Bay Area has a white neighborhood, that neighborhood may only be made up of irish people or english people or something. In the Tri-State you have white neighborhoods that are made up of Polish, Italian, Russian, German, Irish, English, Spanish, Portuguese etc.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Why is this thread so respectful =P

You New Yorkers are losing your touch! Where's all the aggression for the West Coasters?

Man..I leave C-D for 3 days and everyone's attitude changes. What gives?

Anyways, I like conversations like this. Very good from everyone!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
yea pacific islanders would be samoans & polynesians

YouTube - New York Dance Parade 2009 6

Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 AM

Lol I thrive to be a classy New Yorker instead of the stereotypical New Yorker that everyone always complains about.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I think the main thing that has to be said is that The Bay Area has all of it's races represented, but The Tri-State has more ethnicities represented within the race. For example, say the Bay Area has a white neighborhood, that neighborhood may only be made up of irish people or english people or something. In the Tri-State you have white neighborhoods that are made up of Polish, Italian, Russian, German, Irish, English, Spanish, Portuguese etc.
I wouldn't say that... in the bay area caucasian ethnicity is somewhat ambiguous... no one cares about it here. SF has a little Russia and a little Italy but srsly... no one cares about that here. I was amazed when I heard that there used to be an ethnic pecking order for white people in NY... lol. Y'all must have ran out of things to complain about

Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Folks, when I was talking about diversity, I meant everything. Food, People, Ethnic enclaves, etc...

You realize that does include Lesbians, Gay, Straight, and Bisexuals too, right?

in which case the bay area has it made. lol

that's probably why we haven't talked about that... the bay area obviously wins that category by virtue of SF's influence alone.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't say that... in the bay area caucasian ethnicity is somewhat ambiguous... no one cares about it here. SF has a little Russia and a little Italy but srsly... no one cares about that here. I was amazed when I heard that there used to be an ethnic pecking order for white people in NY... lol. Y'all must have ran out of things to complain about
I don't get what you mean when you say no one cares about it here..?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Little Italy in NYC is the best IMO. No other ethnic neighborhood can compare... but then again, I'm Italian

Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I don't get what you mean when you say no one cares about it here..?

White ppl here don't separate themselves by country of origin... if you're white you're white. Same goes for blacks... the only ppl who differentiate by country of origin here are asians and to a lesser extent latinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City