Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times

Advertisements

Aren't we supposed to be rearranging the 10 largest cities into any order and adjusting their densities and stuff? I don't see anyone doing this though, am I not understanding the question or is everyone else just not doing what OP asked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 05:02 PM

128 posts, read 273,409 times
I would order them by economic opportunity because I can't help but think like a businessman when I evaluate a city. If you factor in cost of living, some of these cities go to hell (NYC, San Fran) but these are definitely the ones where there is the most money to be made.

By the way, I came up with this list by combining the "lists" so to speak of where the top consulting firms and investment banks have opened offices, so this isn't just my perception, it's big-money-related industry standard.

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. Houston
4. Los Angeles
5. Chicago
6. Dallas
7. Boston
8. Atlanta
9. Washington DC
10. Philadelphia

As you can see, creating my list the way I described above basically gave me the ten largest metro areas in the US minus Miami and plus San Francisco, which would be in the top 10 if the census bureau considered San Jose part of its metro, but let's face it: that's pushing it.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Aren't we supposed to be rearranging the 10 largest cities into any order and adjusting their densities and stuff? I don't see anyone doing this though, am I not understanding the question or is everyone else just not doing what OP asked?
No one is rearranging the top 10 "largest".. nor do I understand what the hell the thread is even trying to achieve

Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM

721 posts, read 1,793,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
No one is rearranging the top 10 "largest".. nor do I understand what the hell the thread is even trying to achieve
It was me waiting to leave...it's just for fun. Not every thread needs to cause arguments for it to be purposeful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City