Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New Chicago Vs New York threads should stop for a while
Agree 16 80.00%
Disagree 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Oh man!

The most wildest match ups are

Chicago VS LA
Chicago VS NYC

LA VS NYC
LA VS Chicago

NYC VS (Insert city here)

Boston VS Philadelphia

Houston VS Atlanta

Miami VS Las Vegas

And for some reason all the Orlando threads get a hella lot of hatred in them...

LOL, I just don't think NYC comparisons are even fair anymore, the other cities don't stand an honest chance. WE ALL KNOW THAT!
Yeah, I've pretty much seen every city matchup with every other city. There were some threads like "Miami vs. Atlanta vs. Houston vs. Dallas" those got pretty crazy as well. Pretty much the threads (especially if they have polls) always turn into a biased frenzy to see which city has more people being bias towards it than others. This forum should be called "How biased can you be towards your city?" Seriously some people will vote for their city no matter what it is.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Yeah, I've pretty much seen every city matchup with every other city. There were some threads like "Miami vs. Atlanta vs. Houston vs. Dallas" those got pretty crazy as well. Pretty much the threads (especially if they have polls) always turn into a biased frenzy to see which city has more people being bias towards it than others. This forum should be called "How biased can you be towards your city?" Seriously some people will vote for their city no matter what it is.
I think the polls are the most intimidating factor for some of the posters here. No one wants to see their city lose, and that's what IMHO puts people in a sour mood right before they comment.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I think the polls are the most intimidating factor for some of the posters here. No one wants to see their city lose, and that's what IMHO puts people in a sour mood right before they comment.
Yeah probably, also you got the loser geeks who make multiple accounts to boost their city. Like, what makes you think just because your city lost the poll that it's the worst city ever? Maybe because people will vote for their city no matter what. I just come on here because some people say interesting things, and it keeps me busy sometimes.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Yeah probably, also you got the loser geeks who make multiple accounts to boost their city. Like, what makes you think just because your city lost the poll that it's the worst city ever? Maybe because people will vote for their city no matter what. I just come on here because some people say interesting things, and it keeps me busy sometimes.
No such thing as a worst city. People live somewhere for a reason. Cities exist for a reason. It's all subjective, on what you prefer and how open minded you can be towards everyone else's city and feelings. Some people on here = total jerks.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
No such thing as a worst city. People live somewhere for a reason. Cities exist for a reason. It's all subjective, on what you prefer and how open minded you can be towards everyone else's city and feelings. Some people on here = total jerks.
Yeah man, thats how I feel.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM

289 posts, read 1,025,517 times
Its Getting Pretty boring.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
MOAR! MOAR I SAY!!! Seriously though, I've had enough Chicago v NY polls forever.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Keep it real though.... New york and chicago threads make cityvscity more fun though.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Keep it real though.... New york and chicago threads make cityvscity more fun though.
No they don't. Neither do NYC and LA threads.

I think a fun thread would be NYC VS. London.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:48 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Speaking as a native New Yorker, I don't see the need for any "NYC vs. ______" polls. What is a poll but a popularity contest? Plenty of people don't like New York--not for any rational reason, but because they have opinions. I wonder how many of the people who allegedly hate New York have ever even set foot here? And let's face it, the constant "My city is better than your city and here's why..." yelling gets boring. Real fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City