Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: most desireable?
Pacific Northwest 14 10.94%
Southwest (including California) 23 17.97%
Midwest 20 15.63%
South 12 9.38%
North 5 3.91%
Northeast 37 28.91%
Alaska, Hawaii 1 0.78%
Southeast 16 12.50%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Never mind the Coast Ranges. California will always be my heart-but there's plenty of room in there for my new home as well.

California will always be here for you to come home to. Us in the Millennial Generation will try our best to not mess it up It's not going anywhere and its always an airplane ride away

Home is where you make it!

As to this poll..I can live anywhere really. Just give me food, shelter, clothing, a job, and entertaining people to be around and I'll make it work. At this age, I also seek attractive females to be around so any place with that would be a MAJOR plus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
California will always be here for you to come home to. Us in the Millennial Generation will try our best to not mess it up It's not going anywhere and its always an airplane ride away
Thanks friend.

California gave me everything...and I will never, ever forget that.

As far as your generation, I sense that your generation is the one that will set things straight. My generation and the one before mine was consumed by greed and everything was about number 1.

But in my experience, you are the generation of conscience and I look forward to all the great things you guys will accomplish.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:05 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I voted for the Pacific Northwest because it is by far the most beautiful part of the country, has the most comfortable climate year round to me (not too cold in winter, not too hot in summer), and has one of America's best cities Seattle (that's why I moved out here a few months ago:-).

For me the most undesireable area is the southeast- really just too hot and humid, too many bugs and "critters", not really any great scenery.
The northwest got to have a lot of bugs and critters it rain alot their. Anyways besides the south Atlantic coast, there's the piedmont, Appalachia and cumberland plateau. I never heard anyone say the southeast isn't scenic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Appalachian_map.jpg (broken link)
File:Appalachian map.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://images.vacationsmadeeasy.com/...tap/106/86.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...idgelines2.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/PilotMtfromVA8910.JPG (broken link)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/PilotMtfromVA8910.JPG (broken link)

Old 05-29-2010, 12:07 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Thanks friend.

As far as your generation, I sense that your generation is the one that will set things straight. My generation and the one before mine was consumed by greed and everything was about number 1.

But in my experience, you are the generation of conscience and I look forward to all the great things you guys will accomplish.
Pffftt....She dont know us very well, do she?

Old 05-29-2010, 12:18 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Quote:
Thanks friend.

It's weird, but people typically born in the early-mid 70s always tell me that! It's nice to see that SOMEONE believes in us, rather than the baby boomers (our parents) telling us constantly how much we suck It always sort of puzzled me why, since us born in the mid-late 80s always saw you guys as kind of the "big brother/big sister" generation.

We can't do anything without your generation's help either. It will take all of us to get out of this mess together Especially us who were children of poor immigrants, whom parents came to the US with almost nothing.

The reason I love California so much as a state is because time and time again it has exceeded everyone's expectations and always recovered when things seemed the worst. Learning about this state has kind of rubbed off on me in the sense that you really can't be scared to fail. Failure is a part of life, and in my own personal experience, the worst failures can turn into the hugest triumphs as long people believe in it.

That's really not only particular to California (but has shown EXTREME examples of it throughout its 150 year history), but it pervades the whole American ethos. Somewhere down the line, our descendants risked a lot to come here and make it happen. I believe us as individuals and as a society can make it work if we really want it to. No use sitting on our hands, right? That's why I honestly think I can make any place home as long as I really want it to happen and keep a positive mindset in doing so.

Good luck in NYC! I know you've already made those close to you proud!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 AM

593 posts, read 1,762,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I voted for the Pacific Northwest because it is by far the most beautiful part of the country, has the most comfortable climate year round to me (not too cold in winter, not too hot in summer), and has one of America's best cities Seattle (that's why I moved out here a few months ago:-).

For me the most undesireable area is the southeast- really just too hot and humid, too many bugs and "critters", not really any great scenery.
PNW is very beautiful, but not "by far the most beautiful".

NorCal with its redwood forests, hills, and stunning beaches is also pretty unbelievable. As is Colorado, its mountains and alpine forest; Yosemite, Utah with Bryce Canyon and Zion National park, etc.

Dont get me wrong, PNW is up there, but your statement makes me think you havent travelled much...

Old 05-29-2010, 01:34 AM

7 posts, read 18,278 times
Most deirable for me is the Pacific Northwest. Unparalleled natural beauty.

Least desirable... maybe the Northeast?

But even there there are a number of places I would not mind living in (Ithaca, Portland, DC, Cape May, New Paltz )

Old 05-29-2010, 01:53 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Thanks friend.

Are you a GenXer? That's basically the generation leading MY generation right now. We basically follow your generations trends, and still listen to your generations music(Nirvana, Tupac, etc). We don't care much for the baby boomers(because there OLD!!).

Old 05-29-2010, 02:45 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,177 times
Northeast. Too old.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
For me, the most desirable is tied between the Northeast and the Pacific Northwest, but I voted for the Pacific Northwest on the poll(I would have voted for both if it was an option).

The least desirable is the Southeast, and the Southwest(with the exception of Southern California)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City