Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:51 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

I wonder just how many people will truly be honest about their experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,621,493 times
US:
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
Phoenix
Tucson
Denver
Colorado Springs
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Orlando
Tampa

Mexico:
Monterrey
Mexico City
Cancun
Acapulco
Matamoros
Reynosa

UK:
London
Edinburgh

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
The major Cities (275K+) including significant nearby cities I've been to-

-NYC
-Newark-Jersey City
-Philadelphia
-Baltimore
-DC
-Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse
-Boston-Providence-New Haven
-Charlotte-Raleigh
-Virginia Beach
-Jacksonville
-Orlando
-Tampa-Fort Myers-Cape Coral-Naples
-Miami
-San Francisco-Santa Rosa
-New Orleans-Baton Rouge

CANADA

Quebec
Toronto

MEXICO

Cozumel

Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,481 times
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Fransisco
San Jose
Sacramento
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Seattle
Honolulu
Philadelphia
NYC

Canada:
Vancouver

Mexico:
Tijuana
Rosarito
Ensenada

Old 05-30-2010, 08:45 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,704 times
In North America:
Springfield, MA
Worcester, MA
Boston, MA
Providence, RI
Hartford, CT
New Haven, CT
Portland, ME
New York City, NY
Philadelpiha, PA
Baltimore, MD
Washington, DC
Richmond, VA
Albany, NY
Buffalo, NY
Niagra Falls, NY
Toronto, ON, Canada
Montreal, QC, Canada
Los Angeles, CA
Long Beach, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
Anaheim, CA
San Diego, CA

Abroad:
Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Florence, Tuscany, Italy [lived here for 6 months]
Rome, Luzia, Italy
Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Naples, Campagnia, Italy
Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Rimini, Emila-Romagna, Italy
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
London, England, UK
Athens, Attica, Greece
Patras, Western Greece, Greece
Cairo, Egypt
Alexandria, Egypt
Aswan, Egypt

Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 AM

832 posts, read 3,852,920 times
Major Cities New York City, Columbus, Phoenix, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Vancouver BC, Honolulu, Los Vegas, San Jose

Lots of other cities that are not 'major'

Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Major cities is a difference of opinion admittedly I included some that are not. But Sarasota for example is a population of 600,000. Tucson is a population of 700,000, Savannah is 132,000 and Cheyenne, WY is 53,000 so clearly there are discrepancies in your list as well. I was simply looking for clarification because it is very few people that truly visit every city in nearly every state. Just glancing at your list you missed Providence, Tallahassee, Tulsa, Rochester, Syracuse, Lexington, Louisville, Baton Rouge, Mobile, Birmingham, Little Rock just to name a few. I'm sure there's more.

You then go on to say, "All the major cities in Western Europe besides Lisbon" thats a whole lot of cities to spend any real time in unless you're including driving through or flying through.

If you have been thats impressive. Just wanted some clarification.
I've been to all of those as well, I used to live in Tallahassee. I've been to Europe 5 times for extended stays and lived there for awhile as well in France. I haven't really traveled much the last 5 years b/c I've been working, only adding a few african countries to the list but when I was 18-25 I was almost traveling constantly. I did most of my U.S. travelling before I was 21. I took almost 2 years off after I finished college to travel. I'm 29 now and have still been to more countries than my age. I'm honestly not that interested in most of the U.S. anymore, if I am doing U.S. stuff I'd rather explore more neighborhoods in the bigger cities like NY and Chicago. I need to make it to Alaska sometime but it is not on my high to do list. Lisbon is just a long train ride to get to, the trains in spain are rather slow in comparison to other countries and Spain is huge, have been to Valencia, Barcelona, Ibiza and Madrid though. Next on my "need to go" list are probably the whole cluster, Santiago/Buenos Aires/Sao Paolo/Rio

Last edited by grapico; 05-30-2010 at 11:26 AM..

Old 05-30-2010, 11:36 AM

902 posts, read 2,786,904 times
USA: SF, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, LA, San Diego, Reno, Las Vegas, Portland (Oregon), Seattle, Phoenix, Albuquerque, El Paso, Dallas, Amarillo, Houston, OKC, Little Rock, Denver, Salt Lake City, Boise, Helena, Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis, Memphis, New Orleans, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Des Moines, Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Indianapolis, Charleston, Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, Richmond, Charlotte, Raleigh, Columbia, Atlanta, Birmingham, Mobile, Jackson, Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Kona and Hilo(not Honolulu), Pittsburgh, DC, Baltimore, and most of upstate NY.

Canada: Vancouver, Toronto, Windsor, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa.

Mexico: Cancun, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Ensenada.

Been to San Jose, Costa Rica, as well.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:48 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,589 times
Everything on the East Coast

Old 05-30-2010, 11:53 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
These lists are really helping me to remember some of the places that I’d forgotten. I’ve also visited Richmond VA, Madison WI, Wilmington DE, and Mobile AL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City