Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
That's exactly what you made this thread to do.. brag about how hardcore the West Coast is because formerly wealthy East Coast neighborhoods have big houses.

You got told and completely refuted so now you're trying to pretend that you didn't try to compare the single-family homes and random blighted properties of Watts to the bigger homes of formerly wealthy neighborhoods. I gave you a real comparison that showed just how hardcore the East Coast is compared to the West Coast so now you're trying to change your tune.

You don't get to insult those places and those people and not hear anything back.

The first page.

I never said it was East Coast slang. I said you're pretending to be something you're not. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're from the West Coast. It has to do with the fact that you're speaking in a way that is clearly not natural to you.
What was that, you couldn't point out me doing "exactly what I claimed I wasn't doing"? Hmm, I wonder why.

And once again, you seem to think you know an awful lot about me and where I come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 PM

958 posts, read 1,197,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
What was that, you couldn't point out me doing "exactly what I claimed I wasn't doing"? Hmm, I wonder why.

And once again, you seem to think you know an awful lot about me and where I come from.
The first page. This is the third time I've pointed it out. You not looking at the first page does not equal me not being able to point something out.

It's written all over you and all over your posts, that's how I know.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
The first page. This is the third time I've pointed it out. You not looking at the first page does not equal me not being able to point something out.

It's written all over you and all over your posts, that's how I know.

I told you to point it out, i.e. quote the post. Strange how you can't do that.

And what exactly am I pretending to be again?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM

958 posts, read 1,197,574 times
Quote:
I told you to point it out, i.e. quote the post. Strange how you can't do that.

And what exactly am I pretending to be again?
Strange how you keep thinking you not looking at the first page where the first post you make is an insult to the East Coast and every post after that is "well this doesn't look so bad... now look at this random blighted picture in the West Coast in comparison to these formerly East Coast neighborhoods but of course I'll de-emphasize that they weren't the poor neighborhoods as much as I possibly can" is the same as me not being able to do something.

To put it simply.. from a rough area. That's what you're pretending to be.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM

249 posts, read 803,373 times
Because when these neighborhoods were new, it was not unusual for families to have up to 15 children. And that is not an exaggeration. There were few, if any cars then. People walked to work or used a streetcar/bus. Check some old census records. You will see a single wage earner supporting all these people in one household.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Strange how you keep thinking you not looking at the first page where the first post you make is an insult to the East Coast and every post after that is "well this doesn't look so bad... now look at this random blighted picture in the West Coast in comparison to these formerly East Coast neighborhoods but of course I'll de-emphasize that they weren't the poor neighborhoods as much as I possibly can" is the same as me not being able to do something.

To put it simply.. from a rough area. That's what you're pretending to be.
And I portrayed myself as being from a rough area where...? Half of my family's from arguably the roughest area in the US and the other's from arguably the roughest country in the world, but no, I never claimed I'm from the hood. I've stated countless times on this site that I come from a middle class background. So when exactly was I pretending again? By saying "fall back"? You don't have a single ****ing clue who I am.

I know exactly what you are though. You're a closet racist that's never traveled outside of the east coast and yet somehow believe you know something about how the rest of the country works. You're the urban version of a hick... you don't know jack **** about what goes on outside of your little box. The eurocentric garbage you spout every other post about "real culture" only serves to point out that you've probably never known a single hispanic or asian person in your life. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know any black people personally in the city of brotherly love. The real reason why you hate the west coast is because your world view is so small that you're threatened by anything that doesn't look exactly like Philadelphia.

The hilarious part is that you think a single person on this board who's actually traveled around the country takes anything you say seriously that isn't about the east coast. Your ignorance is not what rubs people the wrong way though, it's that you're arrogant about being ignorant. You're proud that you've never left the tiny little mental box you occupy. That is why you are easily the worst POS poster that is currently on city-vs-city. You are so bad that the other Philly posters point out that you're a clown.

To put it simply, you're pretending that you aren't the ignorant, racist, untraveled urban hick that you really are.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 PM

lol at the pm response I just got from this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername
You can speak your bull**** all you want kid but you're just another fake little Cali dude.

You don't ****ing know me. Guaranteed I'm more mature, more intelligent, more interesting and a hell of a lot more cultured than you are. You are FRONTING so don't act like you aren't. Don't act like you don't try to talk like you're from a rough neighborhood, like you didn't only admit it when I called your ass out after the tough guy bull**** you pulled (which would get you laughed at around here) in every thread towards me.

YOU are the stereotype buddy, not me. And it's because you're not even remotely enough of a man to look at yourself or at anything else objectively. You couldn't in a million years measure up to me.. Mr. Nineties Flava. "The Bay" huh.. ain't it funny that we don't talk like that over here? You'll never hear me say I'm from "The Delaware Valley" or "Philly" or the "Philly area" because I'm from a place with its own identity and its own significance. No need to pretend when you're your own person and come from a place that its own place.

You're the ****ing racist buddy. You're the one who talks about "diversity" in terms of numbers and how much money this or that group has. You're the one who can't see people who are different than you as just people and the fact that you constantly lump in spoiled white people with non-white people shows just how much of a ****ing racist you are.

You're a ****ing joke. I am more than you could ever be. You can have the internet, you ****ing loser. In real life, I'm king, *****.

Oh, and those "other Philly posters" either aren't from Philly or have never traveled outside of Philly throughout the metro. I've been to plenty of places you fagot ass little *****. You're a pseudo-intellectual little snot who will never in a million years understand anywhere he goes, no matter how many places you go to. YOU are the ****ing cultureless, willfully and arrogantly ignorant little pissant who speaks a whole lot of nothing about everything. Ain't it funny that I have not just an entire neighborhood but almost an entire metro that would not only agree with me but go even farther than I do? That's a metro that's more diverse (real diversity) than your "Bay" will ever be. That's a metro with people from all walks of life. That's a metro with things you could never in a million years have out there.

Ta-ta, *******.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:25 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
lol at the pm response I just got from this guy
LOL, you're not the first person he's sent PMs like that to. Funny how everything he's guilty of himself, he claims others of being guilty of (a pseudo-intellectual, untravelled, willfully ignorant, cultureless, fake, racist, fronting, bull****ter) .

Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 AM

520 posts, read 730,955 times
I think it has to do with the era the homes were built in these cities. From the late 1800s, and through a good portion of the 1900s, most people lived in the city limits and there wasn't nearly as much suburban living as there is now. So cities that have lost a lot of population due to white flight, use to be a whole lot more dense. In Cleveland, for example there is a neighborhood called the Hough section. Today, a lot of the older housing has been torn down, and whats left of the older housing in the neighorhood can be very run down. It use to be one of the most dense areas in the whole area, now thats not the case, with some suburban Cleveland cities having more density. With that density, there was overcrowding in the neighborhood. This is espeically true of the Cleveland neighborhoods of Hough and Central. At one point in history, black people mainly only lived on the near East Side of Cleveland. There wasn't any laws I know of restricting where black people could purchase property in Cleveland, but there was still discrimination in other ways, and black Clevelanders kind of segregated on their own do to this. Below is a link to an interesting piece about Cleveland, and why you see the conditions in some neighborhoods in the city. I imagine similar things happened like this in cities like Detroit and Chicago.

Encyclopedia of Cleveland History:AFRICAN AMERICANS

Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 AM

lol, yet another pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername
can't keep **** private like a man, have to put it everywhere like a little girl and like the snitch that you are. I know it was you and other Cali booster losers who snitched on me because you couldn't handle **** I said in response to your bull****.

Tell you what, loser. I invite both you and rah and every other Cali booster loser to come to my old neighborhood of Clifton Heights and stay there for a week. Hell, you can even stay in the "nice" part, in Westbrook Park. I'll even point you to spots like Gaetano's and Rosati's.

And then you can walk your punk ass down to Baltimore Ave. near the edge of the borough where people get robbed at gunpoint during the day in the summer and businesses get robbed during the day year-round. Walk the streets at night, tough guy. I ****ing dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City