Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 PM

79 posts, read 536,555 times

Advertisements

Which region do you think is better??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
For me its the Midwest,because my two favorite cities are there.My #1 city my hometown Cleveland,and my #2 city Chicago.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:45 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
East coast! MY personal favorite cities, tons of history, amazing architecture, and the overall feeling

Im probly biased though!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
The West is the best.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:44 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,480 times
I love the West Coast, for its beauty and just overall feel. I guess I'm an Southerner. Even though I think Miami is more Caribbean than Southern. Dont like any of the other Southern states, think theyre horrible. Like the Northeast Coast. Mainly New York and Boston. Cant say anything about the Mid West, cause I've only ever been to Chicago. I dont think I could live that far away from an ocean though.. it was a bit depressing when I lived in Atlanta, and that was only 5 hours away from the coast!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:55 PM

Why is it when people in most of the country talk about regions, they conveniently leave out an entire region of the country--a HUGE, enormous region known as the Mountain West. People must have blinders on-- I hear about "west coast" all the time-- well whatever happened to the REAL west? The west full of snowcapped peaks, alpine meadows, hot desert valleys, red rocks, canyons, pine forests-- and booming cities. There are eight diverse western states that are certainly not "west coast": Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. This region includes booming cities, both large and small, like Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Phoenix, Tucson, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Reno, Albuquerque, Santa Fe. Some might also include El Paso, TX as well. Even most of California, Oregon and Washington are not really "west coast." Ever heard of Death Valley, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia? Those are some of the most scenic areas of California, and there's no "coast" there.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 PM

174 posts, read 697,924 times
midwest how i riiiide

midwest

Old 09-22-2007, 09:12 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,480 times
Quote:
Why is it when people in most of the country talk about regions, they conveniently leave out an entire region of the country
Why would anyone conviniently leave that out? I didnt purposely leave it out.. I guess when I say west coast I really just mean west. I include Arizona, Nevada, Utah and etc in that category, even though they arent on the coast. In my case, I think I do this because I havent really been out "west" much, only California and Arizona. So maybe others have fallen in that same habit because of similar reasons.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
Why would anyone conviniently leave that out? I didnt purposely leave it out.. I guess when I say west coast I really just mean west. I include Arizona, Nevada, Utah and etc in that category, even though they arent on the coast. In my case, I think I do this because I havent really been out "west" much, only California and Arizona. So maybe others have fallen in that same habit because of similar reasons.
My comment was actually a reply to the original poster who started the region wars thread-- not you. But it's an interesting topic. The funny thing is, when people say "west coast," what they really mean 90% of the time is Los Angeles-- and sometimes San Francisco, or places like Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, etc. I guess the term could encompass Seattle and Portland as well-- those cities aren't technically on the Pacific coast-- but close enough, I guess. Yet, there are many people who throw on the title "coast" where it clearly doesn't belong-- like AZ, NV, or UT. Bless their hearts, but when it comes to geography, those people are just plain wrong. Now, yeah, we can debate whether to call these states The West, the Southwest, the Desert Southwest, the (inter)Mountain West, the Great Basin, "The Empty Quarter" (Joel Garreau's infamous name), "the Wild West"-- whatever-- just not "coast."

Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times
They are all great regions, and it's pointless to say which one is better. All are too different to be compared. Just appreciate having all these regions people and stop comparing them to each other like one is better than the other. Another region you left out here was the Great Plains (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City