Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Arlington or Manhattan?
Arlington, VA 11 22.92%
Manhattan, NY 37 77.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 PM

912 posts, read 1,085,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Beacuse the city of New York is five times the land area of DC

.....Basically this isn't DC Metro Area vs. NYC Metro Area? It's DC Metro Area vs. NYC? Ohh, gotcha. I didn't know what i was thinkin', since the thread title said DC Metro Area vs. NYC Metro Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:47 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,726,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
.....Basically this isn't DC Metro Area vs. NYC Metro Area? It's DC Metro Area vs. NYC? Ohh, gotcha. I didn't know what i was thinkin', since the thread title said DC Metro Area vs. NYC Metro Area.
Just gotta give DC a slight handicap because of the difference's in physical size between the two cities.

Would you compare only Boston proper to Houston proper? Naw.....you would add cambridge and such to even it out for boston

Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 PM

912 posts, read 1,085,941 times
Then this really isn't a fair comparison.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:50 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^It never was from the start. DC and NYC are bad comparisons, because they're so different. DC is about the size of one NYC borough

Old 06-03-2010, 07:17 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,769,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
the bronx has world class institutions can montgomery say the same?

The boroughs can go against whole cities by themselves. What are you saying. Forget a county. What county u know houses a million plus besides the main ones of the city

example the bronx,queens,brooklyn have more ppl than most cities by itself
sorry, but you simply cannot compare a suburban county to a section of an urban, which happens to be the most urban in the country, city. By neighborhood and then parenthesis, meaning I know they aren't completly neighborhoods exactly but pretty much serve as such with smaller neighborhoods within them, im saying that they are incomparable. I know all the last completely irrelevant info. Thanks for sharing.

Not only that, the thread is about metros. Do we all know that is here?

Quote:
NYC's boroughs are bigger than Neighborhoods.

Its not really Fair to compare DC(61 sq. miles) to the whole of NYC(300 sq. miles). So I added in adjacent urban suburbs to some what equalize it.

Since your a little slow, and think a borough is a neighborhood, let me be more specific and break it down barney style for you.

Manhatten>DC
Brooklyn> PG(inner beltway) you know what that means right?
Bronx>Silver Spring area(you know where thats at right?)
Queens>Arlington
Staten Island>Alexandria
Pathetic. Pick up your toys and go to bed. Way past your bed time by now.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
sorry, but you simply cannot compare a suburban county to a section of an urban, which happens to be the most urban in the country, city. By neighborhood and then parenthesis, meaning I know they aren't completly neighborhoods exactly but pretty much serve as such with smaller neighborhoods within them, im saying that they are incomparable. I know all the last completely irrelevant info. Thanks for sharing.

Not only that, the thread is about metros. Do we all know that is here?

Pathetic. Pick up your toys and go to bed. Way past your bed time by now.
I had a feeling that it might be too much for you to comprehend that DC is the physical size of one NYC borough.

What you just wrote in your last post makes no sense, which leads me to believe my simple logic of comparing equally sized land areas around central cores(DC and Manhatten) was too much for you to handle.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,338,414 times
Quote:
Neighborhoods (boroughs) verse entire countys? Ok!

I must say though, given the choice between Montgomery county and the Bronx, its seriously a no brainier. Montgomery county with ease.
I fully agree.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,769,046 times
Quote:
I had a feeling that it might be too much for you to comprehend that DC is the physical size of one NYC borough.

What you just wrote in your last post makes no sense, which leads me to believe my simple logic of comparing equally sized land areas around central cores(DC and Manhatten) was too much for you to handle.
Listen child, I could care less about size. Why are you talking about the city of New York? We are talking about metros. Do you know what a metro is? If you don't know what a metro is, i suggest wikipedia, hon. I have no idea why you feel its so important to mention this piece of information you have posted; Its irrelevant to the thread. Remember, this is about metros, but i guess you need to look that one up before being able to comprehend that.

You cannot compare a section of a city to a suburban county. Obviously you cannot comprehend this. It must just be far too much for you for some odd reason. Get some rest. Think about in your dreams, and maybe in the morning you will be able to comprehend this tiny bit of information that you can't seem to get at the moment.

BTW: Bronx land area: 57 sq mi
Montgomery county land area: 507 square miles.

(irrelevant info which might put some perspective into your comparisons)

Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,338,414 times
Arlington to live.

Idk what they're competing in in this thread though.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Listen child, I could care less about size. Why are you talking about the city of New York? We are talking about metros. Do you know what a metro is? If you don't know what a metro is, i suggest wikipedia, hon.

You cannot compare a section of a city to a suburban county. Obviously you cannot comprehend this. It must just be far too much for you for some odd reason. Get some rest. Think about in your dreams, and maybe in the morning you will be able to comprehend this tiny bit of information that you can't seem to get at the moment.

BTW: Bronx land area: 57 sq mi
Montgomery county land area: 507 square miles.
Thats why I got more specific for you(people like you need specifics) and said the Silver Spring area of Montgomery. Silver Spring is only a small part of montgomery county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City