Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ Lol, thats funny you mentioned Boston and I mentioned Philadelphia, 2 sportstowns I can't stand.
I have yet to have a problem with Philadelphia fans because I rarely ever have a synchronized schedule with their teams on any of my teams.

But I really do not like the Boston fans. And no, it's not just because of tonights game, I have had one troubling personal experience. Not all Boston fans are like that, but I tend to avoid them, saves me a black eye.

But once again this is my personal experience, and my personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I have yet to have a problem with Philadelphia fans because I rarely ever have a synchronized schedule with their teams on any of my teams.

But I really do not like the Boston fans. And no, it's not just because of tonights game, I have had one troubling personal experience. Not all Boston fans are like that, but I tend to avoid them, saves me a black eye.

But once again this is my personal experience, and my personal opinion.
I hate Boston because I'm a Yankee fan, and I hate Philadelphia because I'm a Giants fan lol sums my story up pretty easily.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I hate Boston because I'm a Yankee fan, and I hate Philadelphia because I'm a Giants fan lol sums my story up pretty easily.
I mean don't get me wrong, I like the Celtics, just that their playing against my second favorite team in the finals.

In Boston, I only like the Celtics. I hate all their other teams like the Pats, lol but that's expected from someone whose not from Boston. But I give Celtics their props, like tonight. That was a great game to watch. The bench players won a huge victory tonight!

But still, Go Lakers in 7! (Hope it lasts till 7, the more games, the better, this series is fantastic to watch).

Last edited by DANNYY; 06-10-2010 at 11:38 PM..

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM

^ I thought you were a Red Sox fan? Lol, yeah I picked Blackhawks in 6 and Lakers in 7, so far I'm doing good.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
^ I thought you were a Red Sox fan? Lol, yeah I picked Blackhawks in 6 and Lakers in 7, so far I'm doing good.
Yeah I forgot about MLB, my bad. I was just thinking NFL & NBA for the moment. Lol.

Thanks for the reminder.

So their teams that I do like:

- NBA (Celtics)
- MLB (Red Sox)

Their teams that I hate:

- NFL (Patriots)

And I could care less about their NHL team....

Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah I forgot about MLB, my bad. I was just thinking NFL & NBA for the moment. Lol.

Thanks for the reminder.

So their teams that I do like:

- NBA (Celtics)
- MLB (Red Sox)

Their teams that I hate:

- NFL (Patriots)

And I could care less about their NHL team....
Do you like any Chicago or Houston teams?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
I mean don't get me wrong, I like the Celtics, just that their playing against my second favorite team in the finals.

In Boston, I only like the Celtics. I hate all their other teams like the Pats, lol but that's expected from someone whose not from Boston. But I give Celtics their props, like tonight. That was a great game to watch. The bench players won a huge victory tonight!

But still, Go Lakers in 7! (Hope it lasts till 7, the more games, the better, this series is fantastic to watch).
At some point the BIG 4 are gonna have to play like the BIG 4. How many more games can the Celtics win, relying on Big Baby and Nate Robinson? I mean, Andrew Bynum only played 12 minutes, so Big Baby overpowered Lamar Odom. I doubt that Big Baby would've scored all those points in the 4th quarter with Bynum out there and Odom resting and coming off the bench.

Last edited by polo89; 06-11-2010 at 12:28 AM..

Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Pierce, Allen, Garnett, whose number 4? Rondo?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Do you like any Chicago or Houston teams?
I stopped liking the Rockets when Tracy McGrady's performance started going downhill due to his back injury and knee injury.

I like the Houston Astros. And even though I like Heats, Lakers, Bulls, & Spurs (in that same order) more than the Rocket's, I'll support them if they do well, otherwise I'm not bothering with them till they fix up their rooster and management. T-Mac is gone. I also like Houston Dynamo for MLS.

Chicago the teams I like:
I like all of Chicago's teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
At some point the BIG 4 are gonna have to play like the BIG 4. How many more games can the Celtics win, relying on Big Baby and Nate Robinson? I mean, Andrew Bynum only played 12 minutes, so Big Baby overpowered Lamar Odom. I doubt the Big Baby would've scored all those points in the 4th quarter with Bynum out there and Odom resting and coming off the bench.

We'll just have to see how the next one goes, but hopefully this time Boston fans don't boo Kobe. I mean, Kobe is Kobe, you booing him before he takes a free throw is not going to do anything, Kobe Bryant missing a free throw is unheard of (it happens but it's very rare). Those fans just came off disrespectful. And this is a perfect thread to talk about how they treat opponents. Wasn't it in 2008 where they like trashed the Lakers tour bus or something?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Pierce, Allen, Garnett, whose number 4? Rondo?
Yeah Rondo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City