Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Pierce, Allen, Garnett, whose number 4? Rondo?
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
I think the Celtics are a dirty team, especially Garnett. You see the way he was elbowing Howard in the playoffs? That was uncalled for. I am really not a huge Lakers fan but when it comes to playing the Celtics I'll root for anybody. I especially don't like Kobe Bryant much, he seems like if you don't give him the ball or if the Lakers lose he's like a sore loser. He doesn't have the class MJ had. Also, Paul Pierce is a bigger baby than Big Baby, lol, this dude "The Truth" cries about everything. Fouls that weren't even fouls and hes on the floor acting like a soccer player, remember the whole wheelchair incident? How do you need a wheelchair to get to the back of the arena and then 5 minutes later run back out onto the court?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I stopped liking the Rockets when Tracy McGrady's performance started going downhill due to his back injury and knee injury.

I like the Houston Astros. And even though I like Heats, Lakers, Bulls, & Spurs (in that same order) more than the Rocket's, I'll support them if they do well, otherwise I'm not bothering with them till they fix up their rooster and management. T-Mac is gone. I also like Houston Dynamo for MLS.

Chicago the teams I like:
I like all of Chicago's teams.

We'll just have to see how the next one goes, but hopefully this time Boston fans don't boo Kobe. I mean, Kobe is Kobe, you booing him before he takes a free throw is not going to do anything, Kobe Bryant missing a free throw is unheard of (it happens but it's very rare). Those fans just came off disrespectful. And this is a perfect thread to talk about how they treat opponents. Wasn't it in 2008 where they like trashed the Lakers tour bus or something?
I think so. Oh yeah, Kobe had 33 tonight, so he still got his.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
We'll just have to see how the next one goes, but hopefully this time Boston fans don't boo Kobe. I mean, Kobe is Kobe, you booing him before he takes a free throw is not going to do anything, Kobe Bryant missing a free throw is unheard of (it happens but it's very rare). Those fans just came off disrespectful. And this is a perfect thread to talk about how they treat opponents. Wasn't it in 2008 where they like trashed the Lakers tour bus or something?
I responded to you in the Basketball forum, but I guess I'll respond here too. The Celtics and Lakers are the biggest rivalry in the NBA. We chant "Beat LA", they chant "Boston sucks"...it's just what happens when we play each other. So you shouldn't be surprised when the fans in Boston "disrespect" Kobe...

Quote:
I think the Celtics are a dirty team, especially Garnett. You see the way he was elbowing Howard in the playoffs? That was uncalled for.
I guess you could call him dirty...but Howard throws more elbows than any player in the league.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:28 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
^ Lol, thats funny you mentioned Boston and I mentioned Philadelphia, 2 sportstowns I can't stand.

Well I would suggest the feeling from those cities toward NY is mutual

Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post

I guess you could call him dirty...but Howard throws more elbows than any player in the league.
Once again, you say exactly what I was thinking, tmac.

Calling Garnett "dirty" miiiiiiiiight be valid but I wouldn't choose Howard as the poor victim. He gets fouled be everyone because hes so huge and always under the basket. more importantly, he whips those meat cannons of his around like a helicopter. half the people in the stands probably get an elbow to the face from Dwight.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Once again, you say exactly what I was thinking, tmac.

Calling Garnett "dirty" miiiiiiiiight be valid but I wouldn't choose Howard as the poor victim. He gets fouled be everyone because hes so huge and always under the basket. more importantly, he whips those meat cannons of his around like a helicopter. half the people in the stands probably get an elbow to the face from Dwight.
Yea, Howard is ridiculous. He throws bows as much as possible. His shoulders are insanely large. He reminds me of Jax from Mortal Kombat.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times
NY, Philly and Boston have the nasiest fans because they are the oldest major cities in the US. When your city has been around for so long, with generations of families living there, there's a greater tendency in having tradition and pride. NY, Philly and Boston fans are very arrogant because they know they are from the original birthplace of the US and think their location matters more than those outside it. For example, Jordan fans defend their belief that MJ is the best more fiercely than Kobe's fans do...because Jordan is a legend and an historical figure already, while Kobe is new. People defend tradition and history very fiercely...it could be because many people tend to be nostalgic.

Look at the immense pride that the English, French and Italians have for their countries compared to the Americans. It is because of history and tradition. I have been to Greece and their citizens are NOTORIOUSLY proud of their country and defend it at all costs. I swear it was so annoying.

The law is this: nations/regions/cities with greater history and tradition tend to have people that are more aggressive and sensitive in defending their homeplaces.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
Yes, in fact Boston fans did throw rocks at the Lakers tour bus in 2008 as I mentioned earlier. That kind of thing is classless and nasty. At least sports fans in Phoenix aren't like that. It would have been nice to see a Suns vs. Celtics matchup in the Finals but that obviously didn't happen. For all the talk of Rajon Rondo being so great I think Steve Nash is better overall because he is more determined. Just look at how he moves up and down the court at 36 years of age. He has some of the best court vision and his basketball IQ is really high. He knows how to play the game period. And unlike Rondo who has been a horrible free throw shooter in the Finals, Steve Nash is always consistent. Rajon Rondo is talented but he isn't as good as Steve Nash is. I heard on the local news a few nights ago that Boston fans are still bitter because the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Giants. Now they've got some real serious issues, the sports fans is what I'm referring to.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,782 times
NY fans aren't nasty. Mostly, anyway. Jets fans can be pretty nasty, but they're nothing like Philly fans. Philly fans are the worst, period. NY Yankee and Rangers fans are arrogant and obnoxious, but most aren't violent or too nasty. Boston fans are the same as Yankee and Rangers fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City