Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Yes, in fact Boston fans did throw rocks at the Lakers tour bus in 2008 as I mentioned earlier. That kind of thing is classless and nasty. At least sports fans in Phoenix aren't like that. It would have been nice to see a Suns vs. Celtics matchup in the Finals but that obviously didn't happen. For all the talk of Rajon Rondo being so great I think Steve Nash is better overall because he is more determined. Just look at how he moves up and down the court at 36 years of age. He has some of the best court vision and his basketball IQ is really high. He knows how to play the game period. And unlike Rondo who has been a horrible free throw shooter in the Finals, Steve Nash is always consistent. Rajon Rondo is talented but he isn't as good as Steve Nash is. I heard on the local news a few nights ago that Boston fans are still bitter because the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Giants. Now they've got some real serious issues, the sports fans is what I'm referring to.
Today's game some fan threw something on the court when Kobe was taking his free-throws.
The announcer had to remind everyone at TD Gardens not to throw anything on the court.

Otherwise, everything else ran pretty smooth today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
OmShahi, did you see the White Sox Cubs game tonight? Ted Lilly, the pitcher for the Cubs, had a no hitter going into the 9th inning. Juan Pierre ruined the party by getting a base hit, lol oh well.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
NY fans aren't nasty. Mostly, anyway. Jets fans can be pretty nasty, but they're nothing like Philly fans. Philly fans are the worst, period. NY Yankee and Rangers fans are arrogant and obnoxious, but most aren't violent or too nasty. Boston fans are the same as Yankee and Rangers fans.
PHILLY FANS RULE...we are a bunch of wackos, but we can be the best fans in the world cuz we cheer loud as hell and are very emotional. Unfortunately, the media loves attacking Philadelphia fans for every "bad" thing that we do...it's not our fault. Our reputation precedes us.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
OmShahi, did you see the White Sox Cubs game tonight? Ted Lilly, the pitcher for the Cubs, had a no hitter going into the 9th inning. Juan Pierre ruined the party by getting a base hit, lol oh well.
Haha nahh man, I'm guessing the White Sox won? I've been really into basketball mode the past 2 weeks. No distractions, not even from the World Cup!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Haha nahh man, I'm guessing the White Sox won? I've been really into basketball mode the past 2 weeks. No distractions, not even from the World Cup!
Actually the Cubs still won the game 1-0. I hear you, LA is stuck in a corner now.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:00 AM

765 posts, read 1,860,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I'm really rooting hard for the Celtics. I claimed they were gonna be NBA champs when they beat the Magic in game 1 of the eastern conference finals. It may have been premature, but my guts were right.

On the other hand, most of my friends adore Kobe Bryant and think the Lakers are to be the champs. When I ask them why, they say "you can't stop Kobe...you can't stop greatness". That was so ignorant. Basketball is a team sport and I think the Celtics have the better team, but Kobe is the best player. So far in the odds are in my favor now that Beantown is up 3-2

Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Actually the Cubs still won the game 1-0. I hear you, LA is stuck in a corner now.
I think LA will do just fine Tuesday, when LA is under lots of pressure, they normally deliver a great game then. When they get more relaxed, they lose their focus a tad bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
I'm really rooting hard for the Celtics. I claimed they were gonna be NBA champs when they beat the Magic in game 1 of the eastern conference finals. It may have been premature, but my guts were right.

On the other hand, most of my friends adore Kobe Bryant and think the Lakers are to be the champs. When I ask them why, they say "you can't stop Kobe...you can't stop greatness". That was so ignorant. Basketball is a team sport and I think the Celtics have the better team, but Kobe is the best player. So far in the odds are in my favor now that Beantown is up 3-2
Haha, I called it before the series started, that this is going to game 7.

I don't really believe in that home court advantage stuff, your performance should be great no matter where you play.

Haha, I'm for the Lakers in 7! But I'm glad Boston is putting up a great fight, we'll have to see how Tuesday goes. I think the Lakers will win Tuesday, because normally when your on the break of elimination and you're playing at home, you tend to be far more aggressive in your play. Boston finally broke that bad streak they were having. All their main players did great today (minus Ray Allen- who did decent), hopefully they keep that same stamina and pull forth for a good game Tuesday.

May the best team win!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:07 AM

I have Lakers in 7 too, just like I had Blackhawks in 6. So far so good.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Yes, in fact Boston fans did throw rocks at the Lakers tour bus in 2008 as I mentioned earlier. That kind of thing is classless and nasty.
Meh, why don't you cry about it? I think that has been brought up by Laker fans at one point or another on this board at least a dozen times. Boston fans joke that LA fans are soft...your "outrage" towards a sports riot doesn't do much to change that stereotype.

Quote:
I heard on the local news a few nights ago that Boston fans are still bitter because the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Giants. Now they've got some real serious issues, the sports fans is what I'm referring to.
Oh really? A Southern California news outlet is talking about how Boston fans are bitter? That sounds like a really unbiased source...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City