Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I just arrived back to Ft Lauderdale area from Ohio yesterday with my three kids because child services here refused to close the case giving me full custody while I lived in Ohio. I wasn't here even three hours when a 17 year old with his girlfriend driving mom's SUV decided to try and fly down state route 441 in Margate. He blew the read light and totalled my truck. Luckily for my children and I, we were belted in and I also had a crash bar in the front (for deer in Ohio). The kid driver and his girlfriend also were not hurt and neither was the third vehicle traveling the opposite direction. I am posting this for several reasons, first parents out there please don't let your children drive if they are not mature enough. This child driver yesterday would of killed me and my three children if it was not for my driving instints that took over. This child driver was doing over 60 mph so parents don't give your kids the keys if they do not know how to be responsible. Second reason for this thread is I now need to buy a good used car or pickup. I will be contacting mom's insurance tomorrow and I am sure I will get the value of my truck so I am in need of a vehicle because Tuesday afternoon I have to go and see childnet (child services here) and hopefully the accident will not cause a problem with them. I say that because you would not believe what I or my children have been through in the last two years. Florida refuses to give me custody with no reasons not too. My problem but again that is why I am back in South Florida. So anyone with a decent used car or truck for sale please let me know. Also I am 25+ years in logistics, transportation/warehousing and export/importing and I am seeking employment. I really don't expect to get anywhere from this but hopefully you as a parent will wonder if your child is mature enough to drive. Hopefully YOU have the ability to make that judgement unlike the mom from Coral Springs who allowed her son to drive a SUV at 60 mph to show off to his girlfriend.

God Bless and thank you for taking the time to read this

Gary Moderator cut: please dm

Last edited by fauve; 07-05-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 03:25 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,235 times
Murphy's laws (http://roso.epfl.ch/dm/murphy.html - broken link)

Some more literature on Murphy's law to brighten your day and to know; it's not just you.

I also am moving and having custody issues; it can get so nasty. The thing is it is the kids that all should be concerned with.

Congratulations to you sir for being a father who cares and takes responsibility.

I have a light at the end of the tunnel theory. There always is a light at the end of the tunnel; believe, have patience, humility and faith. By faith I don't necessarily mean religion but the belief that what you are doing is right and it will turn out; that light is there. Sometimes it can seem so very far away but that's when the faith comes in. You'll get there along with your family.

You must have angels travelling with you; I am so relieved that nothing happened to anybody.

To you sir !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads