Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times

Advertisements

Full Name-Eric Martina
Location- Hazel Park, MI
Email- ejmarti2@gmail.com
Phone Number-248-709-8328
Year- 2005
Make-Scion
Model-tC
Mileage-123,xxx
PRICE- 10,000

Due to relocating to NYC I am putting up for sale my turbo Scion tC that puts down roughly 300whp that has had a lot of time spent on her. With ~13k worth of aftermarket parts on her, I know I am taking a loss and that is ok.

No parting out either.

I am only asking $10000 for the car with all mods included as i am not parting out. Included will also be the set of OEM rims that I have. I use them as winter rims so I don't wreck the nice looking set. I will entertain offers, but do not low ball me as I will not even talk to you. I do not NEED to sell this car so I am not going to be selling it for 3000 dollars. I'll even throw in a Megan Racing Oil Catch can that I never got around to installing if you want it.

She runs great, I daily drive the car and there are no leaks at all, and has had nothing but the best fluids in her ever since I've owned the car.( I am the second owner, and I bought the car at about 70k miles. I bought it certified from a Toyota dealership so they had already inspected it thoroughly even before my mechanic did as well.) I run only Royal Purple engine oil and Mobile 1 oil filters and change out ever 3k miles ($65 oil changes even when I do it myself). I run either Eneos or Mobile 1 synthetic transmission fluid.

Due to my clutch going bad, it's got a brand new clutch on it. I just replaced it in March.

I just purchased a pair of Nitto Invos for my nice set of rims. I still have the 4 stock rims that will need to have new tires put on them if you use them.

It is a higher mileage car, but most of the components on the car have been replaced with either aftermarket parts, or OEM replacements when they went bad. Everything on the car that has made it the 121k miles is ready to go another 121k. It's got great compression and great everything else. Spark plugs changed roughly 15k miles ago. New drivers side axle replaced less than 5k miles ago. New wheel bearings replaced 10k ago.

There's probably other things that have been replaced and I just forgot about, or mods that I didn't think of when I made this list. Come check it out and see for yourself. This car is no joke.

I'll be completely honest and tell you everything that I know of that is wrong with the car. This list might seem like a joke, but I'm just trying to be up front.

The Bad

Due to me spending 650 dollars and waiting 2 months for my hood to come in, I couldn't see myself or anyone cutting into the hood. So there are no windshield washer nozzles on the hood. I still have them, and everything is still connected so all you would have to do is put the nozzles in the hood.

When doing the gauge cluster LED swap, I was using too big of a tip on the soldering iron, and now the left turn signal light doesn't light up on the cluster. (the turn signal itself still works, just doesn't light up on the cluster) On the HVAC board, the light that tells you when your rear defroster is on doesn't light up. The LCD panel that tells the time, I was unable to change out to blue because I don't have a solder sucker. I have the polarizing film and led's to complete the swap though.

The AEM AFR gauge and fuel pressure gauge no longer read anything. They turn on, but they do not display any relevant information. I just replaced the AFR sensor less than 6 months ago and all the wiring is correct. I honestly think it's due to my PLX gauge running too much interference, although I could be wrong and it be something completely simple to fix.

It goes through tires like crazy. It's got a decent amount of camber on the front which is amazing for cornering at high speeds, but it eats through tires pretty quick. Also, with 300WHP it spins very easy.

CEL. Every time you turn on the car you will eventually get a check engine light. Either a P0172 or P2196. Both of them are due to running rich. My tuner made my car run a little rich when under open loop. He did this because of it having higher miles so that I could boost it like I am for a long time. With the scan gauge on the car you can clear the CEL in like 3 seconds.

Under the band-aid. I got rear ended while stopped at a light by someone going probably 10-15 miles an hour. When I got hit, nothing was damaged; just the bumper got some paint chipped off. Speaking of paint, the paint Toyota put on these cars is horrible. So it has the normal wear of a 7 year old 121k mile car. When I went to Toyota to buy some fill in paint to fill in some scratches, and gave them the VIN number. . . after filling in some of the scratches, I found out they gave me the wrong shade of paint.

You'll want to like blue. I'm putting this under the bad, because if you don't like blue you might be turned off by the car. There are a lot of blue accents everywhere on the car.

I can go on and on about the good sides of the car, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I daily drive this car every day and I autocross it occasionally. Around an autocross course I have beaten many cars, including an STI (on wet pavement), miata's, 350 and 370Z's, Mini Cooper S, and others. I get complements on the car everywhere I go, so that's something you can look forward to.

Please email me or text me at 248-709-8328 to come and check it out. I work and study all day every day so phone calls go unanswered a lot.

The pictures I've posted are kinda old but for the most part this is what the car still looks like. I need to clean the car up a little bit before I post the final pictures. The car is going to be professionally detailed before the sale so you won't have to worry about it being dirty.

Mini collage

outside

Butt shot

Interior

Engine bay

Rims/tires/brake kit

Custom rear diffuser I made

Dyno sheet

And this is one of my better runs in AutoX. if the video doesn't show, here is a link to the video on my facebook. AutoX run
[html]<object width="400" height="266" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="//www.facebook.com/v/639591606197" /><embed src="//www.facebook.com/v/639591606197" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="266"></embed></object>[/html]

Here is a list of all the mods I could think of off the top of my head.

Exterior
• Kaminari Carbon Fiber Reverse Cowl Hood
• Tokiko Blue Racing Struts
• Tien S-Tech lowering springs
• 10000k HID headlights
• Carbon Fiber Underlay for rear Scion logo
• Debadged tC emblem
• Honda S2000 Antenna
• 18x8 Konig Illusions with Yokohoma S-drive tires on the rear and brand new Nitto Invo's on the front.
• BLOX blue lug nuts
• Custom Cut front and rear bumper
• NRG hood Dampers
• LED glow underbody light kit (disconnected)
• Carbon Fiber Engine cover
• Carbon Fiber Gas lid cover
• *Winter rims* Gunmetal Painted Stock Wheels with blue rim striping (needs new tires on all 4. 2 are at about -15% tread and about 40% on the other 2)
• Custom made rear diffuser by myself
• APR front wind splitter
• Carbon Fiber B-Pillar overlays

Interior
• JVC aosidj head unit with DVD/iPod connectivity
• PLX boost and oil pressure Gauges
• AEM Fuel pressure Gauge
• AEM UEGO air fuel gauge
• Megan Racing Short Shifter
• Megan Racing Shift knob
• Blue Interior Pieces
• Custom Blue/White gauge LED swap
• Apexi turbo timer
• Scan Gauge VII
• Carbon Fiber Cubby hole holder for scan gauge

Engine/performance
• TRD Rear Sway Bar
• DC Sports front Strut Bar
• ARK catback exhaust
• Creative Compacts s-pipe with flex pipe welded in
• PTuning return fuel system
• ACT Street clutch kit. Good for 390 ft/lbs torque
• Stop Tech brake kit
o Drilled and slotted rotors
o Racing brake pads
o Racing brake fluid
o Stainless steel lines
• Fidanza 9.5lbs Flywheel
• Custom Turbo Kit
o Garret 57 trim t3/t4 turbo
o Turbonetics manifold and downpipe
o HKS SSQV limited edition Black Blow off Valve
o Tial 38mm wastegate
o Custom Dezod intercooler pipes
o Dezod Vacuum Block
o Dezod oil lines and gaskets and hardware
o Dezod Intercooler
o PTuning 630cc Fuel Injectors
o AEM Fuel Ignition Controller with PnP harness
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 12:32 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Different strokes for different folks...

Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Different strokes for different folks...

Although I'd basically reverse all of the visual mods (exterior and interior) along with fixing the gauges as driving around with non-functional gauges is pretty ridiculous, it's safe to say that the car should be a hoot to drive even if its wrong wheel drive. I personally wouldn't buy it but I'm sure there's a buyer out there somewhere. The price will have to come down too as with any car of this type, it's not that you're willing to take a loss, its that you accept the fact that the car won't be worth much as soon as you bolt something on. I wouldn't pay more for this car than a factory stock Scion Tc and I've seen 2005's selling for $8000.00 with less mileage.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Although I'd basically reverse all of the visual mods (exterior and interior) along with fixing the gauges as driving around with non-functional gauges is pretty ridiculous, it's safe to say that the car should be a hoot to drive even if its wrong wheel drive. I personally wouldn't buy it but I'm sure there's a buyer out there somewhere. The price will have to come down too as with any car of this type, it's not that you're willing to take a loss, its that you accept the fact that the car won't be worth much as soon as you bolt something on. I wouldn't pay more for this car than a factory stock Scion Tc and I've seen 2005's selling for $8000.00 with less mileage.
the two gauges that currently aren't working aren't a big deal any more as I have different ways for those to be read still. I really wish I had bought a car that was correct wheel drive and am really kicking myself for not trading it for an s2000 when I had a chance. and if someone offered me 8k for it... i'd probably end up taking the offer anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads