Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 01:36 PM

26 posts, read 73,588 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning a move from the SE Michigan area, and would like advice about a recruiter or contacts if possible. I have been using
company/online sites for search but I am trying to improve my chances for success thru speaking with people in the area. I can
send a resume upon request.

Details:

Masters Degree in Statistics, Undergrad in Math/Statistics both top 25 schools.
7+ years of Data Analysis and Statistical Modeling
7+ years experience with SAS, S-Plus, R and other statistical progamming languages
Experience with statistical model fitting, out-of-sample validation
Experience using survival analysis to model MBS/ABS prepayment and default characteristics including proportional hazards and Kaplan-Meier.
Experience with published report writing, table and graph generation in a Ph.D. research environment.
Coursework completed includes:
Calculus, Differential Equations, Intermediate Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus, Microeconomics, Physics, Probability, Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics, Fortran and C Programming,Stochastic Processes, Probability Theory, Statistical Inference, Multivariate Statistical Inference, Regression/Analysis of Variance, Categorical Data, Simulation, Financial Modeling, Options Risk and Valuation, Time Series Forecasting

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Well, of course SAS itself is located here, in Cary; definitely check their site first as they are the big statistical company here and you have experience with their product. Otherwise, lots of Pharmaceutical companies in Research Triangle Park, all of which have data analysis divisions. Also, the State Center for Health Statistics seems often to have jobs posted.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM

26 posts, read 73,588 times
Default Thanks

Francois,

Thanks for the advice, I have applied to SAS and am hoping for the best. I did not see any specific openings for Research/Modeling/SAS programmer type positions on the NC State site but I am going to keep checking there in case.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Definitely hit the pharma companies and CROs in the area.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,149,679 times
Try Quintiles and RTI.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM

71 posts, read 217,235 times
Do you have any biostatistics experience or coursework? I work for a CRO (Contract Research Organization) that provides clinical trial management services to the pharmaceutical industry including stats and stats programming. There are dozens of CROs in the area as well as the universities and pharmas and there are always stats opportunities available, in fact I am considering getting a masters in statistics/biostatistics myself. If you are interested in route, please note that CROs and pharmas strongly prefer to hire statisticians who already have some biostats experience. However, you may find it easier to break in if you are willing to take a stats programming position instead. If you have questions about working in the CRO industry, please send me a direct message.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:13 PM

523 posts, read 1,326,949 times
I'm a biostatistician with an MS and about the same level of experience as you have, and I work at RTI. There are almost always openings there since statisticians are employed in several different units of the company. Biostats experience would be a big plus, but your work in survival analysis and modeling should translate to that area well. Feel free to direct message me for more info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads