Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Actually it appears we're #2 in that category. The fact that you would even post that on what is supposed to be a positive thread about the city is just another example of you going out of your way to put Cleveland down. I guess we're making progress in that you didn't mention Charlotte this time, but still...
Actually the stats rated CLE #1 in most cloudy days. #1 in most heavy cloudy days in winter with 3 out of 4 days with heavy clouds. http://www.currentresults.com/Weathe...ies-winter.php
Don't need to defend CLT weather..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Actually the stats rated CLE #1 in most cloudy days. #1 in most heavy cloudy days in winter with 3 out of 4 days with heavy clouds. Cloudiest American Cities in Winter - Current Results
I'd rather have my cloudy days in winter, where they belong.
June Gloom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
"A Christmas Story" House!
USS Cod
International Women's Air and Space Museum
Mather steamship
Great Lakes Brewing Company
Christmas Ale
NASA Glenn Research Center
NASA Glenn Visitor's Center
Bioenterprise (seriously, they've been expandind Cleveland's biotech industry startups close to $1 billion since they started)
Cleveland Cliffs Natural Resoures (renveue up 255%... Will become Cleveland's next Fortune 500 company!)
MOCA
Iron Chef Michael Symon
Big Fun Toy Store!
Ethnic neighborhoods (love Asiatown food!)
Nautica Cruise Ship
Goodtime III
Lolly the Trolley
Terminal Tower Observation Deck
Urban Farming and fresh markets

Festivals, Festivals, Festivals (St Patrick's Day Parade, Feast if the Assumption in Little Italy, Cleveland Air Show, Asiatown Festival, Greek Festival in Tremont, Taste of Cleveland, Ingenuity Featival, Free Cleveland Orchestra Concert on public square Fourth of July, Parade the Circle, Puerto Rican Festival and Parade, Taste of Tremont, Rib Cook off, Brite Winter Festival, Columbus Day Parade in Little Italy, Hessler St Fair, Sparx City Hop, International Childrens Festival, Cuyahoga County Fair, Burning River Festival

Also lease known but vet unique and cool: Ukrainian Featival. Egyptian Coptic Festival, Opera in the Italian Cultural Garden, Polka Festival, Slavic Village Harvest Festival, Cleveland Wine Festival, Rock and Soul Festival, Irish Cultral Fest

Slyman's
Sokolowski's
Hot Sauce Williams
Melt
L'Albatros
Lola/Lolita
Crop
Li Wah
Superior Pho
Tommy's
Momocho
Etna
Presti's Bakery
Algebra Teahouse
La Cav Du Vin
Valentino's Pizza
Balaton

Pierogi's, Cassatta Cake (Corbo's Bakery), Cavatelli and Meatballs (staple item in Little Italy), Corned Beef Sandwiches, Pierre's Ice Cream, Orlando Bread, Great Lakes beer

Last edited by costello_musicman; 02-24-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-24-2011, 12:53 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Cassatta Cake (Corbo's Bakery)
Presti's is WAY better.

Quote:
Cavatelli and Meatballs
O hell yea. I knew I liked you.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,702 times
(: see guys, isn't this fun???? instead of "venting" on all the negitive things about this town, vent on the positive...Cleveland has a lot to offer to anyone who is willing to take it with a good attitude, and most of the clevelanders I know have that good attitude....This town has seen its share of bad press and bad media...The funny thing is Cleveland ALWAYS seem to get back up....

Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Quote:
Actually the stats rated CLE #1 in most cloudy days. #1 in most heavy cloudy days in winter with 3 out of 4 days with heavy clouds. Cloudiest American Cities in Winter - Current Results

I was looking at the wrong list.

Quote:
Right, because it's so perfect there, which you've mentioned on the Cleveland/Ohio boards on multiple occasions. We're so thankful for your contributions here!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Default Back to the Positive

I'm going to throw Cleveland State out there as a big positive for the city. I've only been attending for a few semesters, but I've had a mostly outstanding experience there in pursuit of my career change. My perception of the school was way off, but it's a great asset to the city, and I think the new University president is doing great things to make it even better.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Cassatta Cake (Corbo's Bakery)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Presti's is WAY better.
Fine, fine...you're entitled to your opinions..but Mario Batali and I think otherwise...

10 great places to discover Italy in America - USATODAY.com

Old 02-25-2011, 08:17 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
He probably didn't try Presti's.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
lisa12230, What is "The Big Egg?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland