Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:00 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,461,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
No city and it's fans in America deserve a championship more than the city of Cleveland...unfortunately from an ownership level, only Dan Gilbert seems to want one...the Dolans could care less as they let star player after star player leave over their tenure instead of paying them what they are worth and the Browns ownership has been inept ever since they came back...that all said, I agree, while it
would help the spirit of Northeast Ohio, (we wouldn't feel so defeated, and heartbroken all the time), I don't think it would really improve the image of the area by much.
Dan Gilbert is the only devoted owner that's willing to spend money. He's just starting his re-building process after the whole "Decision" debacle. How will that affect him going forward post-Lockout? Now, the Dolans, they've let players go because they knew they wouldn't have snowball chance in hell of re-signing them. They offered C.C. about $17 million a year for four or five years, he laughed at the offer. I think Victor Martinez would've re-signed, I think Cliff Lee wanted out of Cleveland. Now, the Browns the problem has been is that they don't stick with any of the FO regimes. That's the key to a lot NFL teams' success, you can't fire a regime after one or two years. You can't fire your way to success. The Browns and the fans gotta find a regime, support it and stick with it. Or, the Browns will keep on going through these re-building processes.

Also, about this offseason, even with the money, I don't think a lot of big name free agents or coaches would've came to Cleveland. Why would they come to Cleveland besides money? Most of them wanna win now, and the Browns aren't doing that anytime soon. But, I think the people feel so defeated and heartbroken because the city suffers from such a huge inferiorty complex from all the negative press nationally and badmouthing from the locals, too. Also, the Plain Dealer doesn't help because all of their stories are either negative or reactionary. They never published too many positive stories about the city, state or region. We need to take pride in our city and support the talent and resources we
have. And stop having a "The grass is always greener on the other side" mentality that most Clevelanders have.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 09-11-2011 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: adding words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: