Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM

7 posts, read 30,702 times

Advertisements

I moved to the city of Lakewood on the westside of Cleveland in January this year, expecting the worst in terms of snow. It was all good till the snowstorm in the middle of February. That was a little scary, snow piled up everywhere and made moving around pretty damn difficult.

On the other days it was pretty OK. I use public transportation to get to work, didn't let the snow bother me too much and I think I adjusted just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 02:01 PM

20 posts, read 96,259 times
Post Not that bad...

It's not that bad in NE Ohio. I've lived here all my life and like everywhere you go there are good traits and bad. Driving in the snow is something that is learned and for many it should be re-learned. Idiots like to think that big cars/trucks will get through anything--yes you'll get through, but you won't stop. Low and slow is the answer.
A few years ago we had no snow until Jan. However, it snowed for 2-3 weeks straight after that. Then it will melt and be nice a few days and snow again. It's a cycle you get used to dealing with.
The local joke is: "wait five minutes... the weather will change again"

Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,897,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
I moved to the city of Lakewood on the westside of Cleveland in January this year, expecting the worst in terms of snow. It was all good till the snowstorm in the middle of February. That was a little scary, snow piled up everywhere and made moving around pretty damn difficult.

On the other days it was pretty OK. I use public transportation to get to work, didn't let the snow bother me too much and I think I adjusted just fine.
Most of the time, living in Lakewood(or west side in general), is an advantage. Most of the snow blows over to the east and far east sides. That "Valentine's Day Snow Massacre" last February was sort of a freak show. If you want, check out this link. I blogged about it:

Built for Walking: February 2007

Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM

62 posts, read 200,995 times
I didn't think anyone would reply, but there was actually alot of helpful information, thanks. I don't know if my wife feels any better about it, after reading about the gray skies in winter, but I feel relieved that it doesnt snow every single day, and I look foward to hopefully building a snowman.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 22,060 times
You do need to shovel and snow plow if you live east of Cleveland alot but its not bad. No one I know had ever used chains or snow tires. Some cities dont allow chains because it ruins there roads. It is not that hard to drive in winter you just get use to it.
It is rather pretty in Cleveland with the snow. When the leaves fall but the snow hasn't come yet it will make you want snow.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 PM

18 posts, read 119,690 times
Its cold and white. Dont eat if brown. Good snow is only white

Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,101,714 times
Have you guys had the first frost of the year yet? We actually had frost this morning north of Atlanta.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
not really, i havent seen any frost yet. It hasnt even been below 40 in the night i dont think.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,937 times
I live in Warren and my car had frost on it yesterday. Car said it was 34°.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,003 times
Default just moved from CA, wish me luck

Just moved here after living in CA since '75. Live in Beachwood. Winter easy so far. I'm concerned about the way folks tailgate here. Like they can push you no matter what the traffic ahead is doing. I guess it's near sightedness. They can't see more than one car ahead. Or stupidiy. Hope they back off with bad weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland