Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 AM

233 posts, read 455,121 times

Advertisements

I'm honestly extremely disappointed with this district. There is a massive amount of both empty land and condemned buildings along this stretch but yet nothing is happening. The signs say the health tech corridor but the only tech building is the one story suburban style building there. Is there any development planned because its disappointing that they haven't capitalized on being in between two booming areas in UC and downtown. It just looks so depressing riding down the strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,129,247 times
I assume the suburban style development you're talking about is the Geiss building. They are expanding that development into existing buildings that were either factories or warehouses. The Dunham Tavern museum is also planning an expansion. Pierre's ice cream also recently expanded. I know the area seems like its raw for development, and I wish it would happen more quickly, but turning around a blighted area like this takes time.

Last edited by Cleverfield; 03-24-2013 at 10:10 AM..

Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,376,312 times
yes. that stretch of euclid ave. was in very bad shape.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,920,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
yes. that stretch of euclid ave. was in very bad shape.
That stretch of Euclid Avenue was in very bad shape in 1970. Some things change way too slowly.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 PM

103 posts, read 210,351 times
I think they tried to build a mental hospital there a few years ago and the project failed, so now it's left to the waiting game. That section of Euclid is pretty removed from all the main economic growth engines of the corridor project, so it'll likely be the last part that develops. No one wants land in that area when stretches of Euclid nearer to the Clinic or Cleveland State are still not built out. It also has closer proximity to the projects on E55th and Chester than anywhere else on Euclid between downtown and Case has to a project.

The area just south of there might be the most post-apocalyptic looking part of Cleveland. Just look at the Google Street View of Ashland Ave!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,178,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr216 View Post
I'm honestly extremely disappointed with this district. There is a massive amount of both empty land and condemned buildings along this stretch but yet nothing is happening. The signs say the health tech corridor but the only tech building is the one story suburban style building there. Is there any development planned because its disappointing that they haven't capitalized on being in between two booming areas in UC and downtown. It just looks so depressing riding down the strip.
Uh, did you honestly think the transformation would be instantaneous? Over the past 10 years, the entire area has improved dramatically (recession and all).

Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,288 times
What can all you cleveland experts tell me about midtown? I am curious about this area...

Old 09-29-2014, 10:51 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
What can all you cleveland experts tell me about midtown? I am curious about this area...
All I know is that the ride from CSU to UC has been transformed. Sure there are some vacant lots, not many people walking but the it just looks and feels as a totally different city. Euclid Avenue used to be a war zone, literally.

I expect more in-fill between the Cleveland Clinic and E 30th with collateral development on the side streets and other east-west streets (Carnegie, Prospect, Chester).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland