Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:03 AM

13 posts, read 29,392 times

Advertisements

I'm moving back to the area after several years away and would like to know what the above areas are like now. I used to live off Detroit, near West Blvd., and at that time Lorain Road was the dividing line between decent neighborhoods and rather sketchy ones. Is that still true? If so, how is Brooklyn doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM

48 posts, read 93,574 times
Both are pretty crappy areas. 65th has a little bit of momentum mainly on Franklin or north of Detroit. Old Brooklyn is on a pretty steady down hill trajectory. How crappy/dangerous is relative to what you're comparing it to.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Rich View Post
Both are pretty crappy areas. 65th has a little bit of momentum mainly on Franklin or north of Detroit. Old Brooklyn is on a pretty steady down hill trajectory. How crappy/dangerous is relative to what you're comparing it to.
Was the OP inquiring about Old Brooklyn or the suburb of Brooklyn?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 AM

13 posts, read 29,392 times
Old Brooklyn. Thanks, Bimmer. This is disappointing, but not surprising.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM

79 posts, read 235,738 times
65th and Lorain is mostly middle to low income families and LOOKS terrible. However I've never had a problem in the area and I don't hear of too many. It's a nice mix of Hispanic, Black and White too. But the area doesn't seem to be getting better, which usually means it's getting worse.

I don't know much about brooklyn but I know it looks a lot better than anything by 60th.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 PM

48 posts, read 93,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromOC View Post
65th and Lorain is mostly middle to low income families and LOOKS terrible. However I've never had a problem in the area and I don't hear of too many. It's a nice mix of Hispanic, Black and White too. But the area doesn't seem to be getting better, which usually means it's getting worse.

I don't know much about brooklyn but I know it looks a lot better than anything by 60th.
60th isn't bad north of Detroit or at Franklin. North of Detroit is an old Italian neighborhood around that church which is a well kept area. Also the area there is gentrifying as part of Gordon Square. Granted the gentrifying in that area is just beginning and it is up at Detroit and no where near Lorain.

Even at Lorain or Dennison, while the area sucks it's not too dangerous to live by any means. Most of the people who have trouble in that area are the one screwing around and looking for it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Any places with rental units nearby on the West Side pretty much completely blow now. There are some nice areas like Bimmer said, but boy hang out there on a Friday night during the summer to get a real feel for it before you move anywhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM

77 posts, read 179,098 times
If Brooklyn the suburb: Brooklyn by far.

If OLD Brooklyn the area around Southwestern Cleveland where Rhodes High School is located, then STILL Old Brooklyn by far.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
North of Detroit is a good area and seems to get better all the time.

Disagree on there not being many problems at 65th and Lorain. Immediately to the north and west of that intersection is one of the worst areas in the entire city of Cleveland, in my opinion. Colgate, Elton, those streets are absolutely awful.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

79 posts, read 235,738 times
Yeah I can agree colgate is pretty bad. Like I said I've never had any problems in the area but I do have friends in the 60s so maybe it's different for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland