Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 12:41 PM

8 posts, read 8,989 times

Advertisements

Has anyone recently moved to cleveland and need a roommate? I am 30+,no pets, and looking to attend college. I have been on the cleveland craiglist but I dont know if the post are real . Please help with any advice or help. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
Unless you have no income coming in at all, you should EASILY be able to afford a place of your own in Cleveland. You can rent for $500 a month in a decent place.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 AM

8 posts, read 8,989 times
Thank you could you recommend some descent areas?

Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,256,045 times
There's an abundance of terrific suburbs and urban districts in Cleveland where you can get a nice apt in the $500 to $800 range ... In Cleveland proper, check out the following neighborhoods: Tremont, Ohio City, Kamms Corners, Gordon Square Arts District, Edgewater, Cedar Fairmount, Shaker Square SUBURBS: Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, University Heights, Euclid, South Euclid, Parma, Old Brooklyn, Wickliffe, Willoughby, Mayfield Heights. There's so many other areas to look into, just too many more to mention. I hope that this helps! Welcome to Cleveland!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,419 times
If you have a school in mind you are looking to attend it might help with suggestions on where to live. There's no real reason to live out on the west side if you're going to Case, for instance.

And splitting hairs on John's post above, but Old Brooklyn is in Cleveland.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:36 AM

13 posts, read 11,374 times
I guess like anything else, it depends on what you are looking for. For example, I'm from a SMALL town; the kind of place where teens have "drive your tractor to school day". So for me, the suburbs of Cleveland are still VERY city-ish and too clustered for my taste. It also depends on how far you want to drive. Cleveland has many colleges and the city/suburbs are pretty widespread. I live about an hour and a half away from the University Circle area which is where I accepted a job. For me right now I would rather drive the distance than move. It's nothing against Cleveland or any of the suburbs, it's just too much for me to consider and there are too many things going on right now.

I have done research on a lot of areas though but my recommendations would be based on; a) how far you want to drive, b) are you looking for city or suburbs, and c) house or apartment. I know Case has a section on relocation and lists many apartments and realtors. You may want to check with the college you may be attending to see if they can suggest a realtor to work with. If nothing else they could offer suggestions about where you may want to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland