Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 07:50 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,644 times

Advertisements

I was just saying good things about Crocker Park and Westlake....

Anyone in the area when this went down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxgAheOibeg

No injuries in propane tank explosion at Crocker Park - AOL

Old 03-12-2016, 08:19 AM

8 posts, read 19,162 times
It was just a construction issue at American Greetings, has nothing to do with Crocker Park.
Propane tank somehow got a spark and blew.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:29 AM

Isn't American Greetings in Crocker Park? If you watch the 2nd video it has several people who were shopping at Crocker Park commenting on the incident when it happened. They were all shook by it. Things don't just "somehow get a spark". Someone didn't take the proper safety measures.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:29 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Is Crocker Park, like Beachwood Place mall in your opinion, now doomed???

My strong hunch is this new Cleveland bash of yours has absolutely no legs. What's your next line of attack?

Old 03-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Isn't American Greetings in Crocker Park? If you watch the 2nd video it has several people who were shopping at Crocker Park commenting on the incident when it happened. They were all shook by it. Things don't just "somehow get a spark". Someone didn't take the proper safety measures.
Do accidents, even those caused by negligence, never occur in Greater Cincinnati???

Old 03-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Why do the biased pro-Cleveland agenda driven posters automatically assume that a discussion about something that happened in Westlake is a bash on Cleveland?

If I wanted to bash Cleveland, I certainly wouldn't be talking about Crocker Park.

What does greater Cincinnati have to do with something that occurred in a western suburb of Cleveland? I wouldn't say that Crocker Park is doomed. The people that were there when it happened will most certainly go back despite being shook by the incident.

If you weren't there then kindly see your way out of this thread and stop polluting it with agenda driven nonsense. I'm wanting to hear from those who may have been there or near there when it went down.

Last edited by maxmodder; 03-12-2016 at 03:48 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Why do the biased pro-Cleveland agenda driven posters automatically assume that a discussion about something that happened in Westlake is a bash on Cleveland?

If I wanted to bash Cleveland, I certainly wouldn't be talking about Crocker Park.

What does greater Cincinnati have to do with something that occurred in a western suburb of Cleveland? I wouldn't say that Crocker Park is doomed. The people that were there when it happened will most certainly go back despite being shook by the incident.

If you weren't there then kindly see your way out of this thread and stop polluting it with agenda driven nonsense. I'm wanting to hear from those who may have been there or near there when it went down.
Because this thread read like a bash:

<<Terrorized...just when I was saying good things about Crocker Park and Westlake [as if this accident is anything that indicts Crocker Park and Westlake in any meaningful way]... Things don't just "somehow get a spark". Someone didn't take the proper safety measures. [Isn't it a possibility that the tank that exploded was defective or had a defective valve, especially as it appears that only one of two propane tanks exploded?]>>

I'm not certain what the point was of the thread if it wasn't a bash. Accidents happen all of time, many which cause losses of life, and no threads are created. You glorify Greater Cincinnati, where you now live, vs. Cleveland, so I simply was asking whether explosions or accidents occur in Greater Cincinnati. If they do, do you create threads for any of them?

Additionally, you're a notorious Cleveland basher and just recently I dealt with one of your more extreme and ridiculous bashes, when you said persons don't ride RTA because the drivers are physically abusive. See post 159 in this thread:

<< I worked for a fortune 500 company right in the heart of Cleveland where folks had easy access to the transit system and out of the hundreds of employees that worked there, literally 3 people used it. Everyone else drove to work. Why? Because people who can afford to not take public transportation have no desire to watch Cleveland bus drivers deliver uppercuts to their passengers on their way to work.>>

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...rleans-16.html

Anybody can read the subsequent posts in that thread and recognize that you not only bash Cleveland, but you never, never admit to your bashes.

I would ask you to stop polluting this and other C-D threads with your Cleveland bashes, but I know that's a lost cause.

Last edited by WRnative; 03-12-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 05:12 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Quote:

Uh, because you like to be passive-aggressive with topics like ''Westlake Shoppers Terrorized'', as if Godzilla or a gang of Black Lives Matter attacked Crocker Park. American Greetings construction mishap. Next....

Old 03-12-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Because this thread read like a bash:

<<Terrorized...just when I was saying good things about Crocker Park and Westlake [as if this accident is anything that indicts Crocker Park and Westlake in any meaningful way]... Things don't just "somehow get a spark". Someone didn't take the proper safety measures. [Isn't it a possibility that the tank that exploded was defective or had a defective valve, especially as it appears that only one of two propane tanks exploded?]>>

I'm not certain what the point was of the thread if it wasn't a bash. Accidents happen all of time, many which cause losses of life, and no threads are created. You glorify Greater Cincinnati, where you now live, vs. Cleveland, so I simply was asking whether explosions or accidents occur in Greater Cincinnati. If they do, do you create threads for any of them?

Additionally, you're a notorious Cleveland basher and just recently I dealt with one of your more extreme and ridiculous bashes, when you said persons don't ride RTA because the drivers are physically abusive. See post 159 in this thread:

<< I worked for a fortune 500 company right in the heart of Cleveland where folks had easy access to the transit system and out of the hundreds of employees that worked there, literally 3 people used it. Everyone else drove to work. Why? Because people who can afford to not take public transportation have no desire to watch Cleveland bus drivers deliver uppercuts to their passengers on their way to work.>>

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...rleans-16.html

Anybody can read the subsequent posts in that thread and recognize that you not only bash Cleveland, but you never, never admit to your bashes.

I would ask you to stop polluting this and other C-D threads with your Cleveland bashes, but I know that's a lost cause.
You purposefully left out the first part of the quote in post 159. Here, let me add it back in. The exact quote is: "There are more than 6.2 million annual riders on the Red line and the Blue/Green line has more than 2.7 million annual riders but get this...I worked for a fortune 500 company right in the heart of Cleveland where folks had easy access to the transit system and out of the hundreds of employees that worked there, literally 3 people used it. Everyone else drove to work. Why? Because people who can afford to not take public transportation have no desire to watch Cleveland bus drivers deliver uppercuts to their passengers on their way to work."

Now obviously the last part is an exaggeration, because the amount of bus driver uppercuts being unleashed isn't enough to prevent millions from taking public transportation.

Saying only 3 people at my former place of employment only took public transportation isn't a bash, and I specifically stated exactly how many people DO take public transportation, by the millions. No one is buying your accusation of Cleveland bashing because if I were bashing Cleveland, I wouldn't have mentioned how many people DO take public transportation by the millions.

You claim I glorify greater Cincinnati but just let me point out that it's nowhere near the extent that you do greater Cleveland. Here's a post that I made regarding greater Cincinnati because you kept asking me to say what I enjoy about the place on numerous occasions...

Quote:
I prefer to spend my time actually enjoying these places rather than taking about them all the time, but alas, here are some of the many:

Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati Art Museum, Smale Riverfront Park, Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption, Krohn Conservatory, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Fountain Square Riverwalk, American Sign Museum, Eden Park, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, Taft Museum of Art, Cincinnati Music Hall...
It's post #255 right here: //www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...-other-26.html

So please do a search under my name and use key words like "Riverfront", "eden", "botanical" and then do a search under your name with key words dealing with locations in Cleveland that you try to glorify like Cleveland "orchestra", "blossom", "clinic".

I have 2 hits for the key words associated with places that I like to go to in Cincinnati. Like I said, I actually spend more time GOING to these places than talking about them.

Last edited by maxmodder; 03-12-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-13-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
You purposefully left out the first part of the quote in post 159. Here, let me add it back in. The exact quote is: "There are more than 6.2 million annual riders on the Red line and the Blue/Green line has more than 2.7 million annual riders but get this...I worked for a fortune 500 company right in the heart of Cleveland where folks had easy access to the transit system and out of the hundreds of employees that worked there, literally 3 people used it. Everyone else drove to work. Why? Because people who can afford to not take public transportation have no desire to watch Cleveland bus drivers deliver uppercuts to their passengers on their way to work."
How does leaving out a recital of RTA riderships statistics negate the portion of the post that comprised the Cleveland bash and which I accurately quoted? I did NOT take it out of context. The ridership statistics are irrelevant to your bash, which contended that the more wealthy don't use RTA, even for convenience, because RTA riders are physically abusive.

As I noted in the subsequent posts of the thread, even your claim that literally only 3 persons out of hundreds in your office used RTA was preposterous.

After several posts and days of back-and-forth, you finally claimed that you had access to the parking permits issued by your employer and that was how you knew that only 3 persons out of hundreds used RTA.

Frankly, by the time that you figured out an explanation for your preposterous claim, I was sick of the issue which had become off-topic. I should have noted, that even if your claim of having access to the parking permit records was accurate (which I seriously doubt based on my experience of working in offices), as you claimed that your employer offered free parking, why wouldn't any employee claim a free parking space even if the employee only occasionally drove to work, or used RTA only on occasion?

I noted that in my office downtown, some of the highest paid employees took RTA to work in order to read on trains or buses, to avoid having another car clogging up driveways, etc. And I noted that I could never accurately estimate years later how many persons used RTA, because I never really knew the commuting habits of the hundreds of persons that worked in my downtown office, but only of the several handfuls that I worked with frequently. I also noted that a large percentage of the lower paid support staff did use RTA, only partially because my firm did not offer free parking. Owning a second or third car is expensive for persons whose households have more limited discretionary income.

Persons familiar with Cleveland, RTA, and downtown commuting habits, can easily read your comments about RTA in the linked thread and recognize that it was a concerted bash, which, as always, you never acknowledged.

Quote:
Now obviously the last part is an exaggeration, because the amount of bus driver uppercuts being unleashed isn't enough to prevent millions from taking public transportation.
Yet that's what you said with no qualification, and that would have been left unchallenged if I hadn't taken the time to call it a bash, because it was a bash and well beyond an exaggeration. Fear of driver physical abuse isn't remotely a reason that persons don't use RTA to commute to downtown Cleveland and you well know it, yet you said it. In the Cleveland vs. New Orleans thread, you never even admitted that your statement was an exaggeration, as you were intent on maintaining your bash.

Quote:
Saying only 3 people at my former place of employment only took public transportation isn't a bash, and I specifically stated exactly how many people DO take public transportation, by the millions. No one is buying your accusation of Cleveland bashing because if I were bashing Cleveland, I wouldn't have mentioned how many people DO take public transportation by the millions.
It was a bash, because as I've discussed briefly here, and in much greater detail in the linked thread, you had no way of knowing that "literally" only 3 persons out of hundreds in your office used RTA to commute to work downtown. In my book, this claim also went beyond being an exaggeration and was another element in your unrelenting Cleveland bash.

Quote:
You claim I glorify greater Cincinnati but just let me point out that it's nowhere near the extent that you do greater Cleveland. Here's a post that I made regarding greater Cincinnati because you kept asking me to say what I enjoy about the place on numerous occasions...

It's post #255 right here: //www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...-other-26.html

So please do a search under my name and use key words like "Riverfront", "eden", "botanical" and then do a search under your name with key words dealing with locations in Cleveland that you try to glorify like Cleveland "orchestra", "blossom", "clinic".

I have 2 hits for the key words associated with places that I like to go to in Cincinnati. Like I said, I actually spend more time GOING to these places than talking about them.
Look, in this forum, and in thread after thread in other forums, you engage in a concerted bash of Cleveland, only one example of which I've noted here.

If anyone attempts to defend Cleveland from your bashes or your claims that the likes of Cincinnati, Louisville and New Orleans are superior to Cleveland, they become "Cleveland homers" or you accuse them of being deluded or C-D obsessive to the exclusion of the rest of their lives.

You've argued that Cincinnati has a superior sports scene, even though they have no NBA or even NHL team.

And, as you've done once again in this thread, Cleveland defenders are belittled for mentioning the superiority of the Cleveland Orchestra, Cleveland Museum of Art, Blossom Music Center, Playhouse Square or even the Cleveland Clinic, even when these superior institutions and facilities far exceed those in cities which you are championing over Cleveland, and when they are integral parts of why persons such as myself so enjoy living in Cleveland versus the likes of Cincinnati, Columbus, and other cities which you believe are so superior.

Last edited by WRnative; 03-13-2016 at 01:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland