Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 05:59 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,230 times

Advertisements

Is this considered east enough to be in the really rough areas?

Thanks- Rob

Commercial property, not residential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 07:41 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
It's "St. Clair." Why do people always get this wrong? There are literally dozens of places in the world named "St. Clair," including a giant lake between Michigan and Ontario that is the Cleveland street's namesake. There are virtually no places named "St. Claire." Pet peeve of mine, don't understand why people can't get it right.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:55 PM

I guess it is. Sorry for ruining your evening. Here in CA, I am not familiar with that name so must have typed it incorrectly. Dyslexia gets me sometimes, but it also has provided me with a strong and positive outlook on life. Thus, I'll try next time to get it St. Claire, I mean St. Clair.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:55 AM

816 posts, read 1,395,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Is this considered east enough to be in the really rough areas?

Thanks- Rob

Commercial property, not residential
The area is not "good" by any means, but not all that rough compared to most of the east side of Cleveland.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:32 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
It's pretty understandable why people spell it St. Claire. Doesn't bother me. It's pronounced exactly the same.

But to answer the question,its not a good area, though not the worst on the East side. I'd still probably avoid.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:34 AM

Thanks all!

Old 05-15-2016, 03:42 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,284,985 times
Check it out -- you may want to get in touch with this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cleveland/c...looked_better/

Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Default St. Clair Superior neighborhood

The intersection is about a block from Sterle's.

Sterle's Country House ‹ 1401 East 55th Street

It's a one-time Slovenian neighborhood that may have some considerable upside in coming decades, given its great access to not only I-90, but also I-490. It also has convenient access to downtown and University Circle. Perhaps check out bus lines on St. Clair at the RTA home page using Google transit.

Cleveland Kurentovanje winter festival luring visitors to St. Clair-Superior area with Slovenian food, drink and scary monsters | cleveland.com

St. Clair Avenue is poised for revival as Cleveland's next example of 'creative placemaking' | cleveland.com

St Clair Superior Development Corporation

The neighborhood's proximity to University Circle should be a major advantage over West side gentrification projects. In addition to being convenient for Cleveland's cultural and sports attractions, might it also appeal to employees or even students at University Circle institutions, such as the new medical school being built between East 93rd and 100th Streets.

http://www.cleveland.com/architectur..._break_gr.html

http://cwru-newmed.com/info/

One drawback perhaps is the safety and 24/7 mass transit options between St. Clair and Euclid Ave.'s Healthline corridor, over 10 blocks from the St. Clair intersection.... Again, explore the options on Google transit.

Last edited by WRnative; 05-15-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 04:40 PM

538 posts, read 658,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The intersection is about a block from Sterle's.

Sterle's Country House ‹ 1401 East 55th Street

It's a one-time Slovenian neighborhood that may have some considerable upside in coming decades, given its great access to not only I-90, but also I-490. It also has convenient access to downtown and University Circle. Perhaps check out bus lines on St. Clair at the RTA home page using Google transit.

Cleveland Kurentovanje winter festival luring visitors to St. Clair-Superior area with Slovenian food, drink and scary monsters | cleveland.com

St. Clair Avenue is poised for revival as Cleveland's next example of 'creative placemaking' | cleveland.com

St Clair Superior Development Corporation

The neighborhood's proximity to University Circle should be a major advantage over West side gentrification projects. In addition to being convenient for Cleveland's cultural and sports attractions, might it also appeal to employees or even students at University Circle institutions, such as the new medical school being built between East 93rd and 100th Streets.

Cleveland Clinic, CWRU break ground on $515M Health Education Campus including dental clinic in Hough | cleveland.com

Building the Future of Health Education – CWRU + Cleveland Clinic

One drawback perhaps is the safety and 24/7 mass transit options between St. Clair and Euclid Ave.'s Healthline corridor, over 10 blocks from the St. Clair intersection.... Again, explore the options on Google transit.
Just a tidbit, but isnt there also 24/7 mass transit on both St. Clair and Superior?

Old 05-15-2016, 04:43 PM

This is for a commercial building that is currently a tire shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland