Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 08:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times

Advertisements

They're using a picture of Elizabeth Warren instead. Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 02:00 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
*crickets*

Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
I am still fairly new to Cleveland so I don’t really feel one way or the other about Wahoo sentimentality. Maybe I can understand a bit of both sides. I do think people are probably getting tired of the arguments coming up time and time again. I just want to see a good ball game.

I wonder, though, if this will effect the mascot of one of my alma maters, Chief Illiniwick, from the U of I where I went to school for a year. I finished at UICC. Their mascot is a flame. No worries there.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:39 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,947,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
They're using a picture of Elizabeth Warren instead. Haha.
LOL..perfect solution!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:08 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,450,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I am still fairly new to Cleveland so I don’t really feel one way or the other about Wahoo sentimentality. Maybe I can understand a bit of both sides. I do think people are probably getting tired of the arguments coming up time and time again. I just want to see a good ball game.

I wonder, though, if this will effect the mascot of one of my alma maters, Chief Illiniwick, from the U of I where I went to school for a year. I finished at UICC. Their mascot is a flame. No worries there.
Chief Illiniwick was officially retired in 2007. He was much, much more respectful than Chief Wahoo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Illiniwek

Are you home yet?

Old 01-30-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Chief Illiniwick was officially retired in 2007. He was much, much more respectful than Chief Wahoo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Illiniwek

Are you home yet?
Oh my I am behind the times. I guess it’s because I actually went to UIC for more years. Yes he didn’t look silly.

I came home Friday afternoon loaded with drugs and a couple of new respiratory gadgets. I have some already at home I use. No flu but lingering symptoms. It will take awhile to get rid of them. There’s nothing more they could do for me in the hospital I can’t do at home.

Good to be back!

Old 01-30-2018, 10:41 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,110,322 times
Quote:
Oh my I am behind the times. I guess it’s because I actually went to UIC for more years. Yes he didn’t look silly.

I came home Friday afternoon loaded with drugs and a couple of new respiratory gadgets. I have some already at home I use. No flu but lingering symptoms. It will take awhile to get rid of them. There’s nothing more they could do for me in the hospital I can’t do at home.

Good to be back!
Dumping the Chief was a move way past due by the Indians. Good riddance to a hurtful symbol.

Glad you're back home Minervah. My advice: lay low, get strong and stay hibernated from this usual Cleveland harsh period as much as possible until the warmth of late spring/early summer when people come out and the city really starts jumping. Stay well!

btw, my dad was a proud Illini... all 4 years at UIUC and I remember him proudly playing tour guide to his old campus (it was booooring to a 7-year-old; the only thing that stood out in my mind was that giant landed, UFO spaceship where the Ilini still play basketball; used to be called Assembly Hall, I think, until some company bought the naming rights in recent years IIRC). I had the blue and orange UI pennant in my BR througout childhood.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:34 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,450,165 times
Quote:

Good to be back!
Glad you're home!

Old 01-31-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Glad you're home!
Thanks. Me too. So is the cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: