Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 PM

19 posts, read 78,635 times

Advertisements

We were set on Twinsburg or Macedonia for our move from STL to CLE , but were not as impressed with the schools or homes as much as Strongsville . Yes we heard about the teacher in trouble , so no need to tell us about that . We are a family of four , the two kids are both under 10 years old . We are looking for housing between 300 k and 400 k. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,278,924 times
You should be able to find what you're looking for in Strongsville. The schools are pretty good and it's a safe city. If you liked what you saw, go for it.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 AM

24 posts, read 102,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcle View Post
We were set on Twinsburg or Macedonia for our move from STL to CLE , but were not as impressed with the schools or homes as much as Strongsville . Yes we heard about the teacher in trouble , so no need to tell us about that . We are a family of four , the two kids are both under 10 years old . We are looking for housing between 300 k and 400 k. Thanks
Where will you be working? Those two areas are pretty far apart.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM

302 posts, read 1,101,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rocc View Post
Where will you be working? Those two areas are pretty far apart.
If you're working in either of those 2 cities and living in Strongsville you're going to have a hell of a long drive to work. You'd be looking at least 40 minutes from Strongsville to Twins, and thats assuming everything is perfect and you're going a little over the limit. A more reasonable time would be 50 min-to over an Hour.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM

23 posts, read 112,082 times
Default Strongsville

My family (w/ 3 kids under 4) just relocated to Strongsville from DC. I had an advantage as I grew up in Strongsville so I knew which neighborhood I wanted from the get-go. We LOVE it.

One of the biggest complaints about Strongsville is the traffic. Coming from DC, those comments always make me laugh. It's not as bad as everyone claims. Its heavier than when I grew up there, but it is not horrific.

For $300,000 you will find a great house, in a safe neighborhood, with awesome schools.

Feel free to send me a message directly and I will be happy to help!!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Default Drive

I will be working mostly on the east side for the first two years , then split between the west side and east after two years . We are from STL , which you either cannot afford to live close to work or the neighborhoods are bad , so we are use to a 45 minute to an hour commute . It 's kind of way of life in STL for most family people to commute either 40 minutes south of STL or 40 minutes west . Thank you for the feedback .

Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
My husband works on the eastside & we live on the southside. Luckily, he misses rush hour, but generally it is a 40-45 min. commute without rush hour traffic.

Traffic in Strongsville is a nightmare as a poster mentioned but it is also a really nice place to live. You will find that $300-$400 on the southside of Cleveland is going to get you quite a lot if you are smart. It's a plus for living in the area. There is a lot offered in Strongsville, hence the traffic.

North Royalton is another nice area with good schools & homes.

We were looking in Twinsburg, also, and just not impressed.

Why haven't you considered Solon which trumps Strongsville in a heartbeat? Homes are more expensive there but the school system is outstanding.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:49 PM

We really could not find a great selection of homes in Solon . We built in STL a few years ago and really enjoy having a modern home that did not require a lot of remodeling . So far Strongsville seeems have homes we liked more , maybe we looked in the wrong part of Solon and should look again.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 PM

27 posts, read 81,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcle View Post
I'd say that Strongsville schools are comparable to Macedonia or Twinsburg.

300k - 400k is a fortune for northeastern OH.

Be sure you google your drive to the east side. My brother lives in Strongsville and loves it, but he drives to the east side for work and hates it. I'm guessing you're planning on using the turnpike to get east, which is what my brother does.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:16 PM

688 posts, read 3,039,120 times
My husband made the commute from Strongsville to the east side (Beachwood/Mayfield Hts) via I-480, and he was so happy when we moved to the east side. That commute was a killer, and that was before the outrageous gas prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland